Cabin Filter Cover doesn't seat properly.

JettaTDIBlack

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI Automatic Sedan
Any ideas as to why? I am thinking the side tab is the issue. Might trim it if it is the issue.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Pretty sure that side tab is supposed to go under the thick metal hinge mount. Also, IMO the cabin filter setup is pretty goofy. Even seated properly, I don't consider the filter itself to be "tight".

JettaTDIBlack

Veteran Member
TDI
Pretty sure that side tab is supposed to go under the thick metal hinge mount. Also, IMO the cabin filter setup is pretty goofy. Even seated properly, I don't consider the filter itself to be "tight".

It doesn't fit under the hinge, I tried. And this is an additional cover that I purchased, thinking the one that came with my car was just warped.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Better find one that you can compare with, then. That tab is supposed to go under the hinge, and you may have to do some strange manipulations to get it to fit back together, but that is the way it is supposed to go.

Good luck,

PH

JettaTDIBlack

Veteran Member
TDI
Better find one that you can compare with, then. That tab is supposed to go under the hinge, and you may have to do some strange manipulations to get it to fit back together, but that is the way it is supposed to go.

Good luck,

PH
Got the replacement cover to seat properly this morning. Thank you all.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk