www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old December 8th, 2018, 14:18   #1
Jsstr8

Default mTDI boost controller

Iím building an mTDI to put into my Ď82 Westy Vanagon. Iím in the final stages after years of blood, sweat, and tears (and lots of money). However I am new to turbos and want to make sure that I plumb mine in the appropriate manner. I have read, but cannot find a definitive answer anywhere.

My GT2052 is currently plumbed from the housing side to the wastegate. I have read that many people put a manual boost gauge in between this connection. I have also read that it is better the plumb the wastegate off the intake manifold (especially if you are using an intercooler which I am). My IP also has a pressure nipple on it. Iím assuming to increase fuel in line with increased air.

Taking all this into account, I think I need to run a line off the intake manifold to a manual boost controller. From the boost controller, I need to tee the fitting running one hose to the wastegate and the other to the IP. Is this correct?

I may also want to run a boost gauge. Can I hook this up to the turbine side of the turbo that I am no longer using or do I need to plug that connection and tee of the boost controller 3 times?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this seemed like the most appropriate area. Please move if I was incorrect.
Jsstr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2018, 12:22   #2
CasaEd

TDI(s): VW Passat B4

If i was doing this I would connect the boost controller between the turbo housing and wastegate and the boost gauge between the inlet manifold and top of the injector pump using a T piece, it keeps it simple
CasaEd is offline   Reply With Quote