Installed Footwell lights as ambient lights

Dgulia

TDI
2013 Passat
Today installed footwell lights and hooked them as Ambient lights, didn't use VGA or anything. Photos coming soon.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
If you want to hook them up to the computer so you can set the brightness in the MFI they go to pin T52b/50 on the Body Control Module :cool:

-J

mrowens33

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta sedan slushbox, 2004 Jetta wagon manual( my Noble Steed)
photos

Today installed footwell lights and hooked them as Ambient lights, didn't use VGA or anything. Photos coming soon.
Awesome - I've wanted to do this for a while. If you are able to show your wiring hookups I would really appreciate it. I'm not very comfortable with electrical.

yamaguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE 6man TDI, 2014 F-350 PSD, 2003 F-350 7.3 PSD, John Deere 2032R, Cub Cadet 882
If you want to hook them up to the computer so you can set the brightness in the MFI they go to pin T52b/50 on the Body Control Module :cool:

-J
So is this able to be done on an SE model as well?

Last edited:

Dgulia

TDI
2013 Passat
Mine are hooked up to the front cigarette lighter. Brown wire is ground and Grey wire is positive for light. Now I can control them from dimmer.
I bought 4 lights wanted to put 2 in rear but can't find any place to put them in rear.

IRISHpride

TDI
2015 Golf
Mine are hooked up to the front cigarette lighter. Brown wire is ground and Grey wire is positive for light. Now I can control them from dimmer.
I bought 4 lights wanted to put 2 in rear but can't find any place to put them in rear.
the rear go into little rectangle holes under the front seat..

from the back seat: locate the center of the front seat back, not follow that down to the bottom section, now keep going and it's right under the bottom of the front seat back.. clear as mud yet? :D

Dgulia

TDI
2013 Passat
the rear go into little rectangle holes under the front seat..

from the back seat: locate the center of the front seat back, not follow that down to the bottom section, now keep going and it's right under the bottom of the front seat back.. clear as mud yet? :D
Is it in the black circular part? If it is there is foam behind it.

yamaguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE 6man TDI, 2014 F-350 PSD, 2003 F-350 7.3 PSD, John Deere 2032R, Cub Cadet 882
Can you post a Link to the lights you used?

Dgulia

TDI
2013 Passat
You have 2 options, OEM or bold sport.
OEM part no. Is here,
Lights: 7L0947415
Connector: 1J 0971972

My recommendation is not to go with OEM because dealer has given me wires to the connector twice and both were wrong, the wires mentioned in the VW vortex where people have done this on GTI were not the correct part no.'s.

I have a OEM pair and bold sport pair, bold sport came with wiring and everything.
Go to www.bold-sport.com and look under B7 passat and they are there.
I will do a DIY as soon as I get a chance.

kendavis

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
I don't see this footwell light kit you're referring to.

I would think that a kit would consist of 4 lights and the wiring harness - one pin of the wiring harness would have an end connector on it to go into a pin connector on the BCM harness which allows the lights to be controlled by the BCM.

Can you send a direct link possibly?

Dgulia

TDI
2013 Passat
There is a DIY that I posted, I hooked mine up to the cigarette lighter and bought my lights from bold sport.

IRISHpride

TDI
2015 Golf
here is the pic I promised for the location of where the rear light goes under the front seats in the rear footwell.

best I could do, the area next to my finger (not the sticker silly) that is white is the foam of the seat pad and this is where the light slips into place. route your wires under the carpet and up through the hole in the carpet under the seat for a clean OE look. Or maybe under the console.

Driver_found

Veteran Member
TDI
Former MKV Jetta TDI 5M, Former 2013 Passat TDI SE 6M, 2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6m
Nice. Plus you have 10 hours of energy.

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
So gents I recvd my bold sport kit but my girl bought me the rear set w/ out the pins attached to the wires. No biggy b/c she is car incompetant and the fact she even knew I wanted these was impressive.

Anyone have a source I can get these from? I was thinking about emailing bold sport to see if they can sell me some, but they are in China and I would like to get this handled this weekend if possible. Appreciate it.

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
FTW Bold sport is sending a bunch of pins for $5 shipped. So I am a go once they show.

zrev06

TDI
2012 vw Passat sei premium tdi
2012 vw Passat SEL footwell lights

Is there a way to change out bulbs on the interior footwell lights?