I4 central FL, took pics while driving haha

BatmanMN_M

Veteran Member
TDI
gls 2003 black
ok heres a TDI i saw bein pulled behind a motorhome, cant remember where its from, maybe you can help me with the lisence plate, its kindof fuzzy, but ya, i was driving and seen it, had my digital cam with me, so i took some pics, was in a contruction zone so i had to be carefull

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Viesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI
What I want to know is if the Winnebago is a diesel? if so you know that jetta will be covered in soot by the time it gets home. You know the bago doesnt get 50 mpg, more like 5. Maybe he should be towing the bago with the jetta?

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
Nope, the Adventurer comes on a Ford chassis with the 6.8L V10, or optionally on a Workhorse chassis with the Chevy 8.1L V8. No diesel option as far as I know. Even though it's a front engine, it wouldn't be hard to put the Powerstroke on the Ford chassis, or the Isuzu Duramax on the Workhorse chassis... but I don't think they offer either diesel on the Adventurer.

My RV is on a Workhorse chassis with the GM 6.5L turbodiesel. That engine is still being made, thanks to the Humvee, but since the release of the 8.1L gasser, the diesels have taken a back seat. My RV is a 1999 model... the 2004 model of the same RV is no longer available with the diesel. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BTW, that motorhome probably gets more like 8 MPG, even with the gasser. Mine gets 12-13 MPG with the diesel. It may not sound like much, but consider that it is carrying up to 11 people, a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, etc... Poor MPG for a car... very good MPG for a house!

Oh, and YES, that is our beautiful Maryland flag on that license plate! We've got lots of TDIs out here!