2002 Jetta TDI 252k miles - Rochester, MN

JackB

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Not Available!

I am selling my 2002 Jetta GLS TDI. It has 252,xxx miles on it and has an automatic transmission. Please see my ad for more information and pictures:

https://cargur.us/xBNGL
(updated link above)

I have owned the vehicle since Feb. 2008. I purchased it with 105,000 miles. It comes with a "winter front" (helps the car warm up faster in the winter) and a set of snow tires. The car usually saw city driving and has returned an average of 38mpg since I started logging it. My best is 51mpg (highway) and my worst is 28mpg (short city trips in winter). I am selling the car as I purchased a newer vehicle (2015 TDI) and I no longer need this one.

This is a great car and I will really miss it....I hope it can go to a good home. With snow tires, it handles great in the snow and ice. It also has a skid plate and a coolant heater installed, so it is winter weather ready.

The vehicle is in great working condition with minor cosmetic issues (see pictures). The minor cosmetic issues are the following:
- Clear coat peeling (bare spots have been touched up to maintain base coat integrity)
- Some surface rust starting
- Decals missing from wheel hubs (see photos)
- seat heaters do not work
- only one side mirror heater works

Mechanically, the vehicle is in great operating condition. There are 2 minor issues that don't effect drive-ability.
- anti-shutter actuator broke around 150,000 miles...didn't fix as it only dampens the engine shutter at shutdown
- some smoke initially on startup. This is common for this engine over 200k miles.

This is a list of recent/major maintenance items done to the vehicle
- timing belt and water pump - 200k
- transmission oil/filter change - 200k
- suspension re-build (shocks/struts/springs) - 217k
- oil changes twice a year (I never reached the 10k mile limit so I always performed it twice a year instead)
- rear brake pads/discs - 245k
- wheel bearing - 251k

Below are tire thread depths
- all season tires on alloy rims - 3.7mm
- winter tires on steel rims - 5.0mm

Last edited:

JackB

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Down to $1,750! Every time I need to shovel snow around the car, the price keeps getting lower!