fuel system problem again???????

ralph pastore

I recently wrote how I had the discussion about dirty diesel fuel from a truck stop from my "reputable VW dealer in Allentown Pa". Well today the car died on the highway, only about three weeks from when the experts claimed the injection pump failed! The same identical symptoms and guess what I bought the fuel from a "non truck stop" since the car was apparently fixed. Now what will they say?? Any ideas? The car sat for about 4 days in the cold. It sat all night in this very cold weather. It started in the AM and drove about 20 miles to work. At 11:00 am the car started for home and about 5 miles into the return trip there was no throttle reponse and the car quit. I cranked it periodically and no fire. I also noticed that the clear line to the injection pump seemed to be mostly empty. Well long story short, I attached a not so nice note along with the tow truck driver as well as gave the so called dealer a heads up call on the answering machine so when they open the doors in the AM they will know how happy I was to get stuck with this car again in the cold!!!!!

Snowman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
You may get better responses posting in the A4 Maintainence section. I would recommend pulling a fuel sample for yourself and taking note of the last place you picked up fuel.

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
What are the odds he got non-winterized fuel at two different places in Pennsylvania---not likely. Something else is going on!

Cira

Hi,

I had the same problem today on a 2001 Golf and the dealer change the sending unit in the tank,
no charge labour and part he say its was a common problem and Volks paty for this repair ...

Richard
2001 Golf out of warranty 56,000 km