RNS 510 Distorted

tonysmith5

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Hello,
I purchased a great 2015 Passat TDI SEL over the weekend, the only issue I have on it is the RNS 510 has a distorted startup screen and there seems to be a lag when you increase/decrease the volume.
I did a factory reset and reboot and it still has the issues. I have noticed VW doesn't provide in the USA a download where you can reload the software. I am sure the dealer would help their self to a few dollars out of my wallet.
Is there a place I can get the latest version and load it myself?
Current Software Version is 5378 Hardware Version H27 Map version 8213.
Thanks in advance.

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
While I'm always a fan of the "OEM" look, the truth is that these radios are just notoriously glitchy. If it's not broken glitchy now eventually it will be.
It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to consider and aftermarket double din.
I recently got a Kenwood DDX9703S, which is essentially their excellon series for $340 NIB with a 5 year warranty.
It has infinitely more features that the rcd does. You would even be able to retain all of the factory controls with the can bus add on (I forget what it's called).

When I had my Jetta the rcd510, same as yours minus the nav, was constantly having issues. The backup camera, shutting down randomly et .

I know that's a pricey option, but figured I'd throw it out there as I think your only option is the stealership..

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta & 2014 JSW 6MT
Reloading the firmware/software cured my "split globe on startup". The RNS-510 worked OK before the reload, the split startup globe was merely a nuisance, and I wanted the latest s/w my unit could handle. You can find the download if you do some looking. I chose to buy from a reputable guy on eBay, user name "extremenetwork". Peter, the guy behind extremenetwork was an RNS service guy. He also answered a few questions I had about the RNS-510, which was (to me) worth the price of admission. He noted that my s/w version was 7 or so versions old, and that the latest one I could load fixed a number of bugs.

Last edited:

oltik

TDI
golf mk6
Hello!Anyone can help me with a firmware 5374 5378 or 5382?A link to download?Thank you!

Last edited: