2005 (Mk4) TDI Wagon For Sale

dmoos

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Wagon
Hello all. I have a 2005 (Mk4) TDI Wagon for sale. I am the original owner and it has 182k miles. The car has been well-maintained and I have full records for all service.

Engine is strong and mechanicals overall are excellent to good.
The interior and the body have some rough spots - the fenders have some rust and the interior shows its age (I raised three young kids while I owned this car!)

5-sp, manual.

I changed the oil on a regular schedule (generally every 5k), generally with synthetic.

The Good:

Engine runs strong (sorry no compression figures)
New Turbo: ~170,000 (1/9/17)New Starter: ~170,000 (1/17/17)
New Rear Shocks: ~170,000 (1/17/17)
New Rear Brakes (caliper, pads, rotors): ~160,000 (3/24/16)
New Serpentine Belt and Tensioner: 151,872, (8/31/15)
New Front Wheel Bearings: 136,681 (9/19/14)
New Clutch: 134,257 (6/30/14)
New Timing Belt: 91,738 (4/13/11)
Prior to this were various wear & tear repairs, nothing major. I have all records.

The Bad:
No AC - possibly needs compressor
Needs passenger curtain airbag
Will soon need 2 new tires (one is quite out worn).
**Please note that the steel wheels and snows shown in the pics will NOT go with the car (I think they fit on my new car). The car will be fitted with the OEM rims and radials (of which you will soon need 2 new ones . . . ) before the sale**

The Ugly:
As you can see in the pics, there is some rust on the front fenders.
There is a quarter sized spot above the windshield where the paint has come off (sorry no clear pic here), but there is no leak or other issues.
The roof rack has a small piece cracked off after a deer leapt over this car about 5 years ago (that was the only damage, except for a small paint nick from its hooves!).
Overall the interior is a little tired - many miles (used to drive from RI to ME weekly for 4 years) and many kids.

Asking $1,500.

Feel free to call me at 401 248 1685 for more info and I will check back here often. Or try my email as well dmoos@convergecap.com

I'm very sorry to see this car go, but the time has come. I recently inherited a car from my elderly father and it makes the most sense to replace my beloved TDI with this much newer (and free) Subaru.

Pics are here: http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...BGcm9udCBTZWF0c196cHN0aXVhM3J2cy5qcGc=/?ref=1

Dan