Cl 2003 jsw // $3200

sn0wie

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
Longtime lurker, first time poster. Been hunting for a while to replace a JSW VW will be buying back, but haven't had much luck locally.

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-vw-jetta-wagon-tdi/6563720534.html

Found this last week, but it's been like pulling teeth to get any pictures. Will check it out this weekend most likely and follow up, as it could be a gem. Not sure if price is a little high though?

From a quick discussion, it sounded like the prior owner was the enthusiast and continued to work on the car after sale as a project.

steelersvt

TDI
2009 jetta sportwagen
wow, great find. I'd be all over that if I was still in Vermont. Wont be there until later May though. My place is just over the notch road from stowe, wonder if its open yet! Let me know if it falls through, I could be interested.

sn0wie

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
As an FYI, test drove it last night -- definitely a beastly car and checks out. Not much rust for a VT car either. He updated it with pictures now as well.

I think price is in line, but if anyone has any thoughts on what a fair price might be I'd greatly appreciate it!

@steelersvt, the Notch is still closed ... it did just snow yesterday. Still a ton up on the mountains!

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
I think the price is very very good....sn0wie, if you are in the market, I would grab it yesterday before its gone.....good luck.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Price looks good to me. I sold mine with rust on both fenders, a bit on hatch and rockers for $3500. And it was due for a timing belt.

That said, now that I'm driving a 2014 JSW like yours, I'd have a hard time going back to a 2003 car. I loved that car, but the new ones ride pretty nice. Why not sell your car back and buy a similar buyback? Plenty of 6MT JSW's around to be had.