Disable hill assist without coding

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Makes senes. The DSG/ECU has and inclinometer, to pre-shift on hills. I notice this way more on the weak TSI than on the TDI.

Lightly cruising along at 45 or so and approach one of the countless steepish hills around our house before I need to apply more throttle input the DSG of the Alltrack has already downshifted twice to get the RPMS up around 2-2200 rpms. The TDI of our Passat usually lugs around or maybe down shifts once to 1800rpm at the most.

BTW sounds like you still need VCDS or ODB11 right? Good find.

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 sportwagen TDI sel 6mt
Do you find hill assist annoying?

I like the hill assist, but have found one situation in which it could potentially be a negative.

If I stop too close behind someone stopped at a light on an uphill and the person in front of me has a manual trans car and doesn't quite have the clutch engagement action perfected, they will roll backward and with the hill assist engaged on my car, there is nothing I can do to prevent them from hitting me.

I've had some close calls...

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
I like the hill assist, but have found one situation in which it could potentially be a negative.
If I stop too close behind someone stopped at a light on an uphill and the person in front of me has a manual trans car and doesn't quite have the clutch engagement action perfected, they will roll backward and with the hill assist engaged on my car, there is nothing I can do to prevent them from hitting me.
I've had some close calls...
Sounds like you need to stop a little earlier and further back. :D

Victor Huge

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf TDI
This is a very useful feature and it practically turns off instantly the moment the engine is revved up, there's no real need to disable it