www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old March 22nd, 2018, 05:17   #31
740GLE
Veteran Member

I've been meaning to do the starting vibration to the Alltrack, between the two I've heard it really changes the car.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 11:14   #32
Grigg3
Veteran Member

I changed to the throttle "Direct: Controlled over Threshold Value" and not sure I feel much (any?) difference. I do have the 6MT if that makes a difference?

Is this something you feel only when stomping on it in the lower gears, or noticeable in normal conservative driving?

Didn't notice any change in taking off gently from a stop either.

Those that think this is such a great improvement can you more clearly explain what change you notice?

Maybe I have to try both settings back to back to detect the change?
Old March 22nd, 2018, 12:13   #33
neimis
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigg3 View Post
I changed to the throttle "Direct: Controlled over Threshold Value" and not sure I feel much (any?) difference. I do have the 6MT if that makes a difference?
I also have a 6MT and it worked for me

Quote:
Is this something you feel only when stomping on it in the lower gears, or noticeable in normal conservative driving?
Didn't notice any change in taking off gently from a stop either.
I notice it under all conditions

Quote:
Those that think this is such a great improvement can you more clearly explain what change you notice?
There is no "dead spot" in the throttle - it is just a linear response now (also feels livelier, but that could be just because the "dead spot" is removed)

Quote:
Maybe I have to try both settings back to back to detect the change?
I have only the throttle response mod done, and it seems very clear and obvious to me. Maybe if the original throttle response didn't bother you, it's not noticeable to you?

Last edited by neimis; March 22nd, 2018 at 12:17.
neimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 13:21   #34
Grigg3
Veteran Member

Thanks for the input,

I'll change it back and try again for comparison.
It does drive predictably with the change, but the way it was before might not have bothered me.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 14:25   #35
Darth_Furious
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks for the input,

I'll change it back and try again for comparison.
It does drive predictably with the change, but the way it was before might not have bothered me.
My wife didn't notice it. I can definitely feel it and I know it is there. I could also understand how it would be hard to detect for some.

It's like when I upgraded my stereo and the bass is cleaner and punchier. Some people couldn't tell the difference but I could and I notice it everytime.

Last edited by Darth_Furious; March 22nd, 2018 at 14:42.
Darth_Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 14:51   #36
GreenLantern_TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Mid 40s

For people that dont push the accelorator to 40-75% alot might not notice the dead spot. If you stay below 40% pedal or roll into it very slowly ud never notice it. I roll into the throttle fast and i notice the dead spot daily. Cant wait to get VCDS to make this change to see if it helps.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 05:43   #37
740GLE
Veteran Member

I notice that before the coding the DSG seemed very laggy to down shift (multiple reporters claimed turbo lag), kept pressing kept pressing (30-50%) then finally a down shift. Now it feels like I don't need to go much beyond 20% to get the same response and you only need to be at 20% for a fraction of the time to get the same response. My Mk5 felt like my Mk7 is now.

Kinda make sense as previously it was "gradual over time", it incorporated delay or lag into throttle response.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 06:30   #38
GreenLantern_TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Mid 40s

Kinda like a Pedal Commander does. Takes the math out and gives the driver control. Ya i keep comparing my MK7 to my old MK5. My BRM usta **** and git. The only gittin the CRUA does is gittin groceries. Will be ordering VCDS ASAP to make this mod. Plus i got the 40k DSG service coming up.
Old March 30th, 2018, 15:07   #39
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~50 in mixed driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Hen_TDI View Post
Thanks for the throttle tweak. I'll try it out after the snow stops.

There's also a popular VCDS tweak on GTIs and Rs for reducing something called "starting vibration reduction", but I doubt that applies to a low-power car like a TDI (dodges tomatoes ): Enter ABS controller, select adaptions, select "starting vibration reduction" from the drop-down menu, change the value from Strong to Deactivated. Thread here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21888
On the TDI there are only:
Normal, Strong, and Maximum choices

I did change the throttle response and noticed a bit better response around town.

'01 Jetta | 17/22, 3bar MAP, 11mm IP/Lift pump, PD 150, OMI, FMIC, PP502s, SBC st3, .685 5th, Malone Stage 5
'15 Golf | GTD1752vrk, 4bar MAP, CP3, Peloquin LSD, Sachs SRE w/DMF, Fluidampr
adjat84th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2018, 17:55   #40
neimis
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjat84th View Post
On the TDI there are only:
Normal, Strong, and Maximum choices
Hmm, I just did this yesterday and my choices were Strong, Normal, Deactivated. I have a manual, don't know if that makes a difference or not.
neimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2018, 18:03   #41
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neimis View Post
Hmm, I just did this yesterday and my choices were Strong, Normal, Deactivated. I have a manual, don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Very strange, manual as well. 2014 manufacture date without the "fix"

'01 Jetta | 17/22, 3bar MAP, 11mm IP/Lift pump, PD 150, OMI, FMIC, PP502s, SBC st3, .685 5th, Malone Stage 5
Old March 30th, 2018, 18:37   #42
Blue_Hen_TDI
Veteran Member

I'm fully deactivated via VCDS. I'm DSG.

Note, I also follow the GolfMk7 forum, as I own a GTI as well (it's manual), and it's the same experience there. Some people don't have the "Deactivate" option available. I don't know why. It's not a VCDS software or cable version issue, as some folks with OBDeleven have the same issue.

2015 GSW TDI S DSG - FrostHeater
2011 BMW 335d - JR 2.8 tuned
Blue_Hen_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2018, 13:37   #43
Smokinram

TDI(s): None Yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neimis View Post
Wow, this throttle response mod is great - it's really changed the way I feel about the car. I might even not chip it after this.
The throttle response on these cars is really wacky, and very frustrating to live with. The first 1/2 inch of travel is fine, but the next 1/2 inch does nothing. Then, after that, it kicks in again. I absolutely hated that.
Today on the Mk7 forum I was introduced to a throttle mod http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showth...rottle&page=68 (post 1155) that addresses this situation. I've only taken the car for a short test drive so far, but it seems to have tremendously improved the response - it is much more linear now.
Throttle Response Mod:
Open VCDS / Select / 44 - Steering Assist / Security Access / 19249 / Do It / OK / Adaptation / Channel (drop down menu) / Driving Profile Switchover / New Value (drop down menu) / Direct: Controlled over Threshold Value (original was Gradual, controlled by Time) / Do It / Yes / OK / Go Back / close, go back etc.
It would be great to know how this works for anyone else.
Hello, on my 2015 Jetta TDI, when I type in the Security Code 19249, it won't let me in. Is this mod not available on my 2015 EA288 car?
Thanks,
Andy
2015 Passat SEL TDI - Wifes Daily
www.keystone-diesel.com
Smokinram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2018, 18:48   #44
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinram View Post
Hello, on my 2015 Jetta TDI, when I type in the Security Code 19249, it won't let me in. Is this mod not available on my 2015 EA288 car?
Andy, I believe the Jetta not being on the MQB platform would mean different security access codes. Maybe a search on Rosstech's site could provide more info?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by adjat84th; July 31st, 2018 at 03:29. Reason: Fixed quote
Old July 27th, 2018, 05:02   #45
Smokinram

TDI(s): None Yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjat84th View Post
I believe the Jetta not being on the MQB platform would mean different security access codes. Maybe a search on Rosstech's site could provide more info?
Thank You for the reply. That is what I was afraid of. I've searched high and low all over the place and can't find the code. The search continues...

Thanks,
2015 Passat SEL TDI - Wifes Daily
www.keystone-diesel.com

Last edited by 1854sailor; July 27th, 2018 at 21:22. Reason: Fixed quote
Smokinram is offline   Reply With Quote