Passat TDI 6spd Manual instock

Texas Realtor

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT, 2006 Jeep Rubicon 6MT & 2002 F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4
I bought my Passat from McDonald VW in Denver, Colorado area. My sales person was John Wheeler.
He picked me up from airport and dropped me off at the hotel and picked me up the next day to take me to the dealership.
He provided great service and the transaction was painless.

I am letting you guys know this because they seem to have 3 TDIs in stock 1 of them being 6 speed manual, here is the link.....
http://www.mcdonaldvw.com/new/2012-Volkswagen-Passat-TDI-SE-1VWBN7A36CC043320

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
what'd you pay for it?

Papachristou

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE DSG
Im not driving 18 hours! going shopping with the wife this weekend though, maybe ill mention it to the dealer and see if they are willing to do a swap. Are you guys getting any discounts on these?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Chris of langhorn PA would be the one to contact for the best deal, he's also not 18 hours away from you.

Papachristou

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE DSG
Chris of langhorn PA would be the one to contact for the best deal, he's also not 18 hours away from you.
you're right, only 17 hours :D, seriously though, the guy seems like he has a great attitude and is willing to make deals to sell cars

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
hey, it can't hurt!

Papachristou

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE DSG
ive read a few of his posts, seems like a great guy and will to make stuff work unlike my local VW dealership. I tried to buy a used plain jane stickshift gasser passat a couple years ago. black book on it was $13k, i offered them $14.5 i think. they got mad and actually RAISED the price on me a few days later claiming they had "invested" a lot of resources into CPOing the car. Ive tried to buy a VW or audi from them three times now and have not been able to complete a purchase. they get mad when you try to negotiate at all. I had also tried to buy my jetta TDI there before that, same deal. Ended up getting it in florida, $19k for a fully loaded new tdi, leather, heated seats, sunroof etc. GLS or something.

My dad went in and wanted to buy an S6 and a lotus elise s cash, he said, im not here to BS around, give me your best price for both. They took $1k off both cars combined. what a joke.

At any rate, i doubt they will be interested in doing anything since they only have three DSG tdi's in stock, no manny :(

strongtm

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE Black
VW dealer in Wexford Pennsylvania had a manual transmission in black. No sunroof though.

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Im not driving 18 hours! going shopping with the wife this weekend though, maybe ill mention it to the dealer and see if they are willing to do a swap. Are you guys getting any discounts on these?
Chattanooga VW dealer had a TDI SE manual earlier this week.

Texas Realtor

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT, 2006 Jeep Rubicon 6MT & 2002 F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4
I bought my Passat from McDonald VW in Denver, Colorado area. My sales person was John Wheeler.
He picked me up from airport and dropped me off at the hotel and picked me up the next day to take me to the dealership.
He provided great service and the transaction was painless.

I am letting you guys know this because they seem to have 3 TDIs in stock 1 of them being 6 speed manual, here is the link.....
http://www.mcdonaldvw.com/new/2012-Volkswagen-Passat-TDI-SE-1VWBN7A36CC043320
This car is gone. They did a great deal for me but times have changed since than. National back order on these cars does not help.

If someone is serious about getting the car they want why wouldn't they go get it. I flew their and drove back 15 hours.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I'm guessing a 17 hour trip is more than some folks can bear. Or, like myself, are more patient.
Really? Why should anyone travel that far. The dealer in your area should GET it for you and have it TRANSPORTED to you. Why should you put 1000 miles on a car just to get what you want?

Besides maybe some people do not have the luxury of being gone for 17 hours, plus the flying time, overnight stay, cost associated with the trip and other stuff.

And as I believe why on earth should I do this when I have two local dealers. This is THEIR job.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
You're right, Tom, it is "THEIR job". However, if they don't have cars, and they're not scheduled to get any soon, and another dealer has a car someone wants...well, a $2-300 airplane ride, and a quiet ride home (solo, I presume...no partner, kids, dogs, etc.), breaking in a new car...sounds rather attractive to me!

It's all about I WANT IT NOW!

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
I agree, Tom. But as you're already aware not all dealers will invest that amount of effort. Whether it's right or wrong doesn't change the outcome.

Papachristou

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE DSG
I dont have to have it now plus flights out of memphis are absurd for some reason. we mostly have delta here and without competition, they keep the prices high. it is cheaper to fly out of little rock or nashville than memphis. go figure.

anyway, ill wait for the right deal to come along. Im not going to add $500 to the price of the car by buying a plane ticket then another $100+ for fuel and being tired when i get back to work. Plus i am not a fan of breaking in a new car on road trip. little room for variance in the rpm with all the police we have :D

Niner

duplicate account, banned
I wanted Tungsten/ Black also, Passat SE TDI 6 Manual but at MSRP, I too said no thanks. However, I did get another combo, in stock, for about $1865 under MSRP in the San Diego, CA area at KearnyMesa VW. Salesman's name was Tim, most headache free new car I've ever bought.