An in depth look at the KVW100 auto window close module

TDI
mk1 Seat Leon FR PD150
So will VDS-Pro do everything VCDS does and more? If so I might be inclined to cancel my VCDS order and buy that instead.

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
So will VDS-Pro do everything VCDS does and more? If so I might be inclined to cancel my VCDS order and buy that instead.
It can do quite a few similar things, but you have to understand it is an old DOS based program that requires a hardware serial port to run. You need an old computer/laptop to run it. If you do some searching on here you can find out more about it.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
VDS-Pro is not a substitute for VCDS. VDS-Pro is more like a Hex editor where you can alter values in the CCM then save them. It will allow you to enable the remote window up/dn but almost none of the other features that VCDS has. Two different tools for different jobs.

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
VDS-Pro is not a substitute for VCDS. VDS-Pro is more like a Hex editor where you can alter values in the CCM then save them. It will allow you to enable the remote window up/dn but almost none of the other features that VCDS has. Two different tools for different jobs.
VDS-Pro is actually a very powerful tool. It can read/clear fault codes in any module and also program/code them the same as VCDS. In many ways it is more powerful then VCDS but it lacks all of the graphical/logging features that VCDS has. And as I said before it requires a computer with DOS and a hardware serial port.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
VDS-Pro is actually a very powerful tool. It can read/clear fault codes in any module and also program/code them the same as VCDS. In many ways it is more powerful then VCDS but it lacks all of the graphical/logging features that VCDS has. And as I said before it requires a computer with DOS and a hardware serial port.
Understood, I own and use both. I would be hesitant to recommend it as a first purchase to thai-wronghorse unless he intends to buy both eventually. User knowledge and responsibility required (along with the potential for mishaps) are much higher w/VDS-Pro. On the other hand, his immediate needs seem to require it.

nineeightyone

TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon
I've been trying for quite a while to "undo" the changes brought on by my purchase of a KVW100 for my wagon, and I'm hopeful with all the information Steve99 and others have gathered.

I want my non-fob-rolling windows back, because I also want my trunk to stay latched when I unlock the car.

It's driving me insane, and I've gone as far as to take the car to the dealer, but they weren't able to get my CCM programmed back to stock -- they said they couldn't retrieve the stock coding?

Is there any way to reset this? I've heard things thrown around like VAG-TACHO, VAG-COM apparently can't set this (Or at least, my buddy's cheap dongle can't ;)) and I'm not sure if I have the money for VDS-Pro to fix a (hopefully) one-time issue.

I'm not too keen on sending out my CCM, but I really want to stop opening and shutting my [wagon] trunk each time I unlock the car.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I've been trying for quite a while to "undo" the changes brought on by my purchase of a KVW100 for my wagon, and I'm hopeful with all the information Steve99 and others have gathered.

I want my non-fob-rolling windows back, because I also want my trunk to stay latched when I unlock the car.

It's driving me insane, and I've gone as far as to take the car to the dealer, but they weren't able to get my CCM programmed back to stock -- they said they couldn't retrieve the stock coding?

Is there any way to reset this? I've heard things thrown around like VAG-TACHO, VAG-COM apparently can't set this (Or at least, my buddy's cheap dongle can't ;)) and I'm not sure if I have the money for VDS-Pro to fix a (hopefully) one-time issue.

I'm not too keen on sending out my CCM, but I really want to stop opening and shutting my [wagon] trunk each time I unlock the car.
buy a new or used Central Convenience Module for your car

nineeightyone

TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon
buy a new or used Central Convenience Module for your car
I believe I'd heard somewhere that the new CCM needs to be coded to the car, is that correct? It's not just a plug & play thing?

I'll likely look for one in the junkyard once it gets nicer out, I need to see what part number I have but it's been cold lately :(

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Anyone know where I can find VDS-PRO. I've googled long and hard and all i find are broken links to the downloads.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Last edited:

vwabbitman

TDI
82 Rabbit Pickup
Don't know where else to go with my issue. I bought the kvw100 about a year ago, plugged it in and it worked. Now a few months later I used vagcom to play with a few options(selective locking and alarm related stuff) and all of a sudden the auto up stopped working. Is there any way I can get the auto up back without needing the module(former room mate threw it away) or buying a new one?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
I haven't followed this in a while, but last I heard, the KVW1000 locks the CCM somehow and the only fix is re run with the module you bought (can't as room mate tossed it), buy a new CCM and start over, or possibly try another KVW1000 (has to be a new, un-used one).

Jason

PS: I had a new CCM because of this issue. Never got it installed because of a traffic accident that totaled my car. It's still tucked away in my tool box.

locarno

TDI
1.6 16V
As tongsli has stated the kvw100 will lock you out. But you can unlock it again with vdspro.
Did you reverse engineered KVW100? Would you like to share source code? Could other function be added to CCM via writing right code?