Lots of surveys?

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I am getting surveyed almost DAILY by VW on the Passat.

Is anyone else getting all these surveys?

The latest was to rate the car and every subsystem. It asked about the seats, the instrument panel, the nav system, performance, handling and any other issues.

This is in addition to the normal "thank you for buying" one that I have always gotten.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
No surveys here. My guess is that VWoA, in its drive to go mainstream, is trying very hard to "do the right thing"...and the survey they took on "how to do the right thing" told them to do more surveys!
I've always felt that, to "do the right thing", you do it right the first time, keep doing it right, and eliminate the need for so many quality control inspectors.

Mmhs19

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2012 Passat TDI SEL (sold)
If they use these surveys correctly they will improve their vehicles. However, if they use them a la GM in the 80s they will build cars that offend no one and inspire no one. Let us hope VW doesn't start building vehicles via focus group input.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
I've received at least 5 surveys, 1 or 2 from VW, and the rest from Edmunds, etc...

BlackLab

TDI
2012 Passat if it ever gets here.
Hopefully they asked about the buying experience. The wait time and lack of communication.

JARED_LA

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Wish they would call me! Cancelled my order yesterday that was placed on Dec. 23, due to dealership communication or lack there of. I'm not even sure if the order was placed through VWOA. Don't mind the wait, but come on! Switching dealers now and looking to place another order.

dachman1

TDI
2012 Passat SEL TDi
I am getting surveyed almost DAILY by VW on the Passat.

Is anyone else getting all these surveys?

The latest was to rate the car and every subsystem. It asked about the seats, the instrument panel, the nav system, performance, handling and any other issues.

This is in addition to the normal "thank you for buying" one that I have always gotten.
I've had two emailed to me from Strategic Vision that were very detailed. Are you getting them emailed or in the 'real' mail? Do they say VW or the name of the survey company?

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
I've had two emailed to me from Strategic Vision that were very detailed. Are you getting them emailed or in the 'real' mail? Do they say VW or the name of the survey company?
Yes after the original VW one, they have been from this company.

It looks like they are serious about getting information.

I have listed ALL the issues that I have encountered as well as those listed in the forum that I confirmed on mine too.

They even asked about the seats. I heard some people had failed seats, but I did not comment on that since I was NOT having the issue.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
Has any of these people asking for surveys talking about compensation? Information cost money.
Information also fixes issue. I would rather they improve the product with my valuable information rather than get some $$$$ for me sharing my experience.

Heck, by this standard we should NOT post here any information unless TDI Club was paying us. Wow! What a site it would be in that case.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
Wish they would call me! Cancelled my order yesterday that was placed on Dec. 23, due to dealership communication or lack there of. I'm not even sure if the order was placed through VWOA. Don't mind the wait, but come on! Switching dealers now and looking to place another order.
Screw ordering... find a dealer doing a dealer search on cars.com, and go to a dealer that has what you want in stock. Play 2 or 3 dealers against each other right now, at month end, and go to the dealer that gives you the best deal.

You can't always get what you want,

But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.

Rolling Stones, circa 1970?

AstroEng

TDI
2012 Passat TDI, 2005 Golf TDI (Sold)
Screw ordering... find a dealer doing a dealer search on cars.com, and go to a dealer that has what you want in stock. Play 2 or 3 dealers against each other right now, at month end, and go to the dealer that gives you the best deal.

You can't always get what you want,

But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.

Rolling Stones, circa 1970?
+1 on that!

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
No, but effective. Several years back, $1 was the norm. My rule is, my input is worth something, so no compensation, no survey participation.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
No, but effective. Several years back, $1 was the norm. My rule is, my input is worth something, so no compensation, no survey participation.
Yeah, my wife said J.D. Power sent another survey earlier that I completed that had a $1 bill in it, so this being the second one had the $5 bill in it......and yes, it was effective, I felt compelled to "help" because of the $5 bill.

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
I read early on, (on this site,) that there were serious issues with the tire and wind noise.

Was that dealt with in the survey questions..or is it no longer an issue.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
I read early on, (on this site,) that there were serious issues with the tire and wind noise.

Was that dealt with in the survey questions..or is it no longer an issue.
There was room to note these issues, personally I don't find the wind noise to be a problem, I do however agree that the Hankook tires are very loud on certain surfaces.