Potential buy: 16' S-line A6 TDI

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
What's the word.....Did you complete the purchase? Did the DPF light go away after running it through a regen?
BMW should know what that light is seeing as the 535d is a direct competitor to the A6 TDI.
They just got it detailed so I’m going to go back and see it today or tomorrow. My S3 is up for sale and I have several folks interested so hoping that will go through. $22k trade-in or $30k Private sale...I’ll definitely wait for the private sale.

The DPF light did not go away on my 10 minute drive. It’s one of those dealers that tell you where to go in the neighborhood which drives me nuts always.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
Called the dealership and they are fixing the 2 small dents on the passenger side at their body shop so can hopefully see it again this weekend or early next week.

Waiting on the S3 sale still but did pre-approval with Capital One and got approved so will probably end up moving forward before to long.

It does have the cooled seats along with HUD which is pretty rad.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
Well ****.

I had an appointment to buy that TDI today and someone beat me to it and bought it yesterday. Sad day.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
No worries. Wait for year end/beginning of next year. There will be plenty of 2016 models coming out immediately after the emission fix. Lots of people waiting until the last minute to do the fix.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
No worries. Wait for year end/beginning of next year. There will be plenty of 2016 models coming out immediately after the emission fix. Lots of people waiting until the last minute to do the fix.
Good to know. I’m assuming the fix has a deadline before end of year this year? If so, wow time flys.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
How did the timing work with A6s, were there many 2016's sold before the stop sale (i.e. pre-fix)? My experience was with Touaregs and very, very few were sold. Nearly all sat on dealer lots until a fix was available, then they were permitted to be sold.
Same argument (waiting for the fix) could be made for earlier model owners in any case.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
How did the timing work with A6s, were there many 2016's sold before the stop sale (i.e. pre-fix)? My experience was with Touaregs and very, very few were sold. Nearly all sat on dealer lots until a fix was available, then they were permitted to be sold.
Same argument (waiting for the fix) could be made for earlier model owners in any case.
The one that was sold 16 hours before I was making the deal sat for a couple of years. It was released in early 2018 and sold as new so it still had a full and brand new warranty attached to it still.

Hoping to find more like that one.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
There'll be larger number of fixed gen2 3.0L TDIs coming out, for all models. Most 2016 models will have just been out of the factory bump to bump warranty.

I suspect there will be more Q7s up for sale, since the fix really sux.

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
Been away for a bit. Sorry to hear it fell through.

To be proactive, go into the local audi dealership. Ask them to keep an eye out for the an A6 TDI. Also, 3 year leases are ending. A one owner lease would be a great pickup. You'll know it was under warranty and fixed.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
Looks very nice! Love the wheels.
The interior is mint but it does have curbing on all wheels with several rock chips in the paint.

I offered them $29,000 for the car and I want them to replace all 4 corners with Audi brake rotor and pads. We shall see what happens.

kpenner

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 A6 TDI 3.0L
Audi A6 TDI S-line

We have a 2015 A6 TDI S-Line, 80K miles on it and love it! We will keep it for many years. Highly recommended to purchase.

austintg

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 Technik
Low Mileage Canadian A6

Just picked up a 2016 A6, not sure if it is Progressiv or Technik, but it's S-Line and has B&O sound, HUD, massage front seats, LED lights, night vision, I mean it is absolutely awesome! Drove it a little over 1000 miles to get it home to Texas so now it is showing 11,000 miles on the ODO.

Last edited:

austintg

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 Technik
I must admit the A6 TDI is the best car I have ever owned also :)
Yeah it's looking like I'm going to like my new A6 more than any car I've had so far. It's pretty fantastic.

How are your tunes on yours? You think they're worth it? Also would you happen to know how to post photos? I just put in my Flickr share link and nothing is appearing.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Sounds like yours is a Technik based on the options.

Tune is awesome! BUT... If you want to keep your extended emissions warranty then wait, otherwise you will get flagged TD1 and warranty will be denied.

As for pictures not sure, I rarely post any as I find it complicated also....

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah it's looking like I'm going to like my new A6 more than any car I've had so far. It's pretty fantastic.

How are your tunes on yours? You think they're worth it? Also would you happen to know how to post photos? I just put in my Flickr share link and nothing is appearing.
Use imgur.com

Then once you upload the photo onto the site. You find a share link and copy the http address. On the TDI club site, when you are in the reply thread, click insert image button and past that url. The image should pop up after you click submit reply.

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI

If you want to tune and keep the warranty. Get a Chipwerk. This seems to be best option for extra power but not voiding warranty.

If you are getting a tune, and emissions aren't a problem. Just get a delete and tune it. The car steps up to another level with power and the MPG increase is great.