Tpms

chiefmoose

TDI
09 Jetta 2.0 CBEA
I am installing a set of aftermarket wheels on my 06 Jetta. Are the TPMS sensors in the factory wheels? Can they be transferred to the new wheels.

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
As D-Cell stated...piece of cake just make sure you use someone reputable so that they torque them properly upon transfer. Some of these "bone-head" kids over tighten them and crack the sensors:mad:

swb1509

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 4dr Manual
go somewhere professional

Stay away form big chains like sears or walmart. Sears cracked a alloy rim a while back with an impact gun. Walmart cross threaded my oil filter causing a very fast leak. It took six months to get them to performe on the claim. I have had good luck going to tire only stores like Mavis and Goodyear. If you can use your credit card in the event you have an issue. If it was not for Amex walmart would have screwed me. Amex did most of the hard core work for me to get me my $.

Just my two cents:)

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Most reputable shops will sell you a TPMS rebuild kit for a few bucks a wheel. I don't know exacy what's in it other than new seals, however if you don't get it you might encounter issues.

eggspoogas

TDI
2010 Jetta
Wow people actually take their vehicles to places like walmart or sears? That is so scary. You may as well walk into the store and ask them to destroy your car and take your wallet also. Go to discount tire or NTB. They will use a rebuild kit. Enough said.