TDI MF Steering Wheel w/DSG Paddles

DSG TDI

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Tried the addition of DSG paddles to the stock wheel and the connections are already in the wheel, with a little VAG-COM work you are golden. Works like a charm. If you are thinging about adding a GLI or GTI with paddles to your DSG equipped TDI with MF wheel it is a bolt on swap with a little coding.

Last edited:

poppadoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat & jetta wagons
I was thinking about doing the same thing with my 06 jetta TDI, how do you use the VAG-COM to make the DSG paddles work?

DSG TDI

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Change a 0 no paddles to a 1 with paddles. Simple and worked the first time. :)

ewodzien

Where did you get the parts and how do you mount the paddles on the steering wheel?

Great idea!

DSG TDI

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Look under Adam and Rabbit on Vortex, he shows a wheel with the paddles removed and wanted to fill the space. Chad posted the back view of the wheel also. The boss is in the wheel behind the MF switches and you will have to cut into the back of the wheel to mount the paddles. I was going to do that but found a GTI wheel with paddles and if I like it will be selling the paddles and stock leather wheel.

ewodzien

I looked on the vortex and found Adam's posting, but couldn't find Rabbit or Chad's postings. What did you pay for your GTI wheel? Where did you get it?

Thanks,

-Ed

DSG TDI said:
Look under Adam and Rabbit on Vortex, he shows a wheel with the paddles removed and wanted to fill the space. Chad posted the back view of the wheel also. The boss is in the wheel behind the MF switches and you will have to cut into the back of the wheel to mount the paddles. I was going to do that but found a GTI wheel with paddles and if I like it will be selling the paddles and stock leather wheel.

DSG TDI

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Got it from Underground Parts (Stay away from these guys, they are bad news) on Vortex, paid $350 for it but haven't received it yet. You can get the paddles at your local dealer or from World Impex. Look at the back view of Adam's wheel and you can see where you need to cut to install the paddles, on the stock wheel the inside edge of the switch will stick up beyond the hub but will work fine and is not that noticable. Picture courtesy of Chadcronin on Vortex

Last edited:

ewodzien

Very helpful. Thank you. I really like the GTI wheel and may also go that route. If not, when will you know if you are going to sell your paddles? I might buy them.

DSG TDI said:
Got it from Underground Parts on Vortex, paid $350 for it but haven't received it yet. You can get the paddles at your local dealer or from World Impex. Look at the back view of Adam's wheel and you can see where you need to cut to install the paddles, on the stock wheel the inside edge of the switch will stick up beyond the hub but will work fine and is not that noticable. Picture courtesy of Chadcronin on Vortex