New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

ramseygoat38

TDI
2013 Golf
As spec'd by VW if your state mandates a 20% blend or less than it is still covered by warranty as far as the fuel goes. You are asked to check your oil more often to insure the level doesn't rise (I do this every fill up anyway) due to possible cylinder washing from post injections. In my experience using some 20% blends it is a non issue, but check anyway. Long ago someone here tried B100 in these cars when they were new and had this issue. I have read of no one really using B20 or less that has had any issue or with VW in the few mandated states that require this.
Thanks for answer and reply. That is good to know.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

TimothyHD

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
New to the VW and TDI Scene

Hello all, I'm a new Volkswagen TDI owner. I purchased my 14 JSW about a month ago, and couldn't be happier with it! It drives leagues better than my old 2004 Nissan Sentra. Since this is my second car I have a bit of experience now doing some maintenance. I'm also hoping to learn a bit from browsing on here as well as getting a lot of life out of her.
Below are some pictures.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome to the club! Take care of her and she'll last you a very long time. Read up there some very good tips here as well as do-it-yourself maintenance instructions.

JT$

TDI
2013 jetta sportwagen
I am new to the wonderful world of TDI

Hello my name is JT. I live in Norfolk, VA. I had just bought a 2013 jetta sportwagon used ,1 owner with 22,800 for 9,700. I fell in love with it as soon as I sat in it. It has a few cosmetic things that I can repair. After a week of driving , im probably will be purchasing another TDI in a few years. I needed to replace lower grill and googled how to and this website taught me how. So thank you and I am happy to learn and be here.
I'm now tryn to aesthetically find a way to cover/fix small dent on lower left side of hatch/back door. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

RusticGrain

TDI
'14 Passat TDI Highline
Hey all, new guy here from New Brunswick Canada. Currently not a VW owner but putting some serious thought into a 2014 Passat TDI Highline. I worked at a VW dealership as a detailer/shop gopher about 15 years ago and have always wanted a TDI. I'm not much of a fan of small cars so naturally a Passat would be perfect. Hopefully will be making the decision soon and will post up some pics when I get it!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome to tdiclub! Lots of great info here, so try some searching and reading up on stuff while you are waiting. These are great cars in my opinion and can be picked up rather cheaply right now. Back in 2013 when I bought my SEL it was $33k. They can be had for half that now.

RusticGrain

TDI
'14 Passat TDI Highline
Yea the one I'm looking at is priced really well, looking at a straight across trade for my 2 door civic. Payments will be going down and a step up in my mind.

Brianne5speed

TDI
Jetta
Pleasure to meet you all, my name is Brianne, and I just got my 1st jetta tdi in octo

Hello! Thanks so much for allowing me to participate in this forum. I am new to the tdi experience, which may I add is awesome! I couldnt be happier with my 2006 Jetta TDI. Eventually I want to upgrade my clutch, intake and turbo someday. I will have to get on a different thread here soon d/t my wipers only working when the car is moving and the washer not working.. but that's for a different thread. Nice to meet you all, and happy motoring!:D

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Wipers are supposed to stop or slow down when stopped. IIRC they go down one setting maybe. So if on intermittent they stop. If on low they go to intermittent. Someone else will correct me if I have this wrong.

Bill1975

TDI
2011 A3 CBEA
Long the VW owner, first time Audi TDI owner. Previous cars were a 2004 Passat 1.8T, and a 2013 GTI 2.0T. Picked up a 2011 A3 TDI last night. Looking forward to learning something new.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome! There is a lot of info here already so spend some time searching and reading. We have a trusted mechanics list and there are several mechanics in your area that are good if you need one.

vista461

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Long time lurker. Have a 2006 Jetta TDI with 314,000 miles on it. Been a great little car for the most part, paid like $1200 for it 60,000 miles ago, so definitely got my money’s worth out of it.

SPORTPIG

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
Howdy-
I just joined. Picked up a "dieselgate" 2014 Sportwagen TDI CPO with 37K.
Easily the plushest car I've ever owned.
I am new to modern VWs, modern diesels, and DSG transmissions are baffling (so far).

spepin

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Hi all,
Just joined the forum in anticipation of buying my first VW TDI (I've owned a couple diesel pickups in the past). I've noticed a deluge of '13 and '14 TDIs in the market and have my sights set on a '13 Passat SEL Premium with only 21,000 miles on it. Clean Carfax, one owner, all service records, Arizona/California car.

Anything I should look for, or more specifically look out for (or avoid altogether) on these? Any major difference between '13 and '14? The next freshest '14 reasonably close to me has about 32,000 miles, so I'm leaning toward low miles versus one MY newer.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Anything I should look for, or more specifically look out for (or avoid altogether) on these? Any major difference between '13 and '14? The next freshest '14 reasonably close to me has about 32,000 miles, so I'm leaning toward low miles versus one MY newer.
Check for excessive rusty parts, flat spots on tires, stuff that can happen when cars are stored in a field for several years.

spepin

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Check for excessive rusty parts, flat spots on tires, stuff that can happen when cars are stored in a field for several years.
New tires, but I'll definitely check for signs that it sat... Are there problem areas to look for?

ramseygoat38

TDI
2013 Golf
New tires, but I'll definitely check for signs that it sat... Are there problem areas to look for?
Check under the hood and under any covers, found a couple mouse nests in mine. Cleaned it all out and looks like they didn't nibble on anything but the insulation.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

txarmoredillo

TDI
2003 jetta, 1981 rabbit 1.6
New member here. Living in NE TX. I am having a 1981 toyota 4x4 single cab long bed professionally restored. As of friday I also have a wrecked 2003 jetta tdi for an engine swap. My first tdi...I have so many questions! Oh and I also have an all original 1981 rabbit diesel with minimal rust that I am also restoring !

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
New member here. Living in NE TX. I am having a 1981 toyota 4x4 single cab long bed professionally restored. As of friday I also have a wrecked 2003 jetta tdi for an engine swap. My first tdi...I have so many questions! Oh and I also have an all original 1981 rabbit diesel with minimal rust that I am also restoring !
Start a thread, post pictures, and keep up informed! Welcome aboard!

37driver

TDI
2015 Passat 2.0 TDI SEL Premium
New member and just bought my first TDI, a 2015 Passat SEL that was at the dealership when sales stopped. The original owner bought it in April 2017 so it has a lot of emissions warranty left. I've been lurking here for several months learning as much as I could. Thanks to all for posting the great information here.

tomfromON

TDI
2014 Jetta Trendline + TDI
New member intro

Lurker/newbie TDI owner here but don't fret I'm quite familiar with diesels and VW's having owned several Rabbit, Golf & Jetta(s) over my near 35 years driving. Last diesel was a '14 BMW F30 with the N47 motor...
Anyways I came close a few times to owning a TDI however it never transpired. I'm proud to say I now own a 2014 Trendline + Jetta Sedan with the 02Q 6M
Was driven for 3 years by PO then sent back to VAG and of course sat for 2 years in a compound before being bought by my local dealer for resale.
It only has 37,200 km/s (23k miles). Seems to be well maintained and hardly a scratch. Feels like a new car and I'm very happy - especially with the extended emissions coverage. I'm planning on doing a few cosmetic mods (wheels/tires/tint/leather steering wheel, VCDS).
I've learned so much from this forum especially and wanted to say thank you and hello to everyone for all the hard work over the years building the community and I will report back with some pictures of the new ride.

miamipassat

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Hello everyone. I just purchased a CPO 2014 Jetta TDI Premium with 34K miles for my son. I have a Passat TSI and have owned other VW's but never with the TDI engine. I have been reading a lot to get familiar. Looking forward to the knowledge here.

The car looks good and based on CarFax was/is a Florida car. My main concern along with the engine is the paint from the Florida sun where it sat for 3 years. The CPO mentions bumper to bumper but is paint covered?

IMG_2169 by Roland Navarro, on Flickr

Last edited:

Rustywaterdogs

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Hello everyone, I just purchased my second TDI. Haven’t owned one in about 10 years. Picked up a 2002 Jetta with 95k on it. I’ve been reading a lot on here and look forward to doing some modifications.

Rmotbot

TDI
2004 Jetta
New here

I’ve had a tdi for a while, but have been having a time of it with some glow plug issues. So here I am!

IndyJoe

TDI
2012 Passat
Just purchased my first TDi. Picked up a 2012 Passat SEL Premium with 117,000 miles and good service documentation. Still gonna do fuel and air filter in the next couple weeks, and do more research on the DPF/EGR/DEF delete with a Malone tune.

I'm Joe, from Indiana, by the way.

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (Joan Jetta), 2013 Beetle TDI (Brunhilde Beetle)
Hi! Steve here, TDI enthusiast...

I have been getting great advice from these forums for years, so I want to say thank you first of all.

Thanks to you I have been able to keep my 2006 Jetta TDI running well and do most of the work myself. “Joan Jetta” got T-boned late last year (hit and run), and my insurance company totaled her out with 245,000 miles – just getting broken in – but let me keep the car since she still runs fine (on a steady diet of B100, btw).

She will be making her last road trip this weekend to carry me to pick up her replacement, “Brunhilde Beetle” a 2013 Beetle TDI in Tornado Red. Thanks again to all of you, I now know that B100 is not an option for Brunhilde. I am intrigued by 2nd generation biofuels, although it looks like the only retail option at this point is Propel Fuels Diesel HPR.

Are there any competitors to Propel Fuels out there? And will they expand outside of Cali?

Thanks, and glad to be here!

Steve