Mechanic who understands the jetta a/c rcv problem

trafficticket

TDI
2011 jetta
Hey guys, living in Barrie and have the common a/c rcv problem with the jetta tdi. Several shops have told me I need to replace the whole system though the dealership says nothing wrong with the system just the valve. Is there a shop in Barrie or close to who is familiar with this problem and can fix it instead of trying to sell me a compressor and dryer?

Thanks.
Traffic

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Well if the dealer tells you it's a valve, what are you waiting for? Get them to change it!

Oh yeah, I forgot, but I don't want to pay dealers hourly rates!

Last edited:

pdq import repair

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
The dealer doesn't offer the valve separate. You need to find it online. There are two different versions so you have to look at yours to compare, i think one is bolt in, and other is snap ring. I put one in mine and it cured my delayed startup problem.

trafficticket

TDI
2011 jetta
Thanks pdq, will have to research which valve I guess. But not sure if it makes a difference but I don't get any a/c at all, not a delayed a/c but none. Thanks.

pdq import repair

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
The compressor runs all the time, unclutched. The variable displacement valve does all the work as far as pressures go. if you have freon in the system there is no leak. If it just doesn't work then, it is probably worth the gambe for the valve. I don't remember exactly but is was something like 60-80 dollars for the part.