www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Old July 13th, 2017, 16:23   #1
03jettatdired

TDI(s): 03 jetta
Default Kerosene to clean egr and intake

I just completed cleaning the egr and intake on my 03 Jetta TDI 1.9 after 150,000 miles. Now I am looking for a way to keep it clean or at least keep it cleaner. One suggestion I've gotten is to mix kerosene with the fuel. I would like to see if anyone has tried this or if there are any other suggestions. A response will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Harold Walsh
03jettatdired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2017, 16:38   #2
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46-48 mpg ave. Warm weather 38-42 cold weather. 35-38 extreme cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03jettatdired View Post
I just completed cleaning the egr and intake on my 03 Jetta TDI 1.9 after 150,000 miles. Now I am looking for a way to keep it clean or at least keep it cleaner. One suggestion I've gotten is to mix kerosene with the fuel. I would like to see if anyone has tried this or if there are any other suggestions. A response will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Harold Walsh
Your engine was run on a higher sulfer spec fuel than we have now. Kerosene or as we say #1 diesel is no cleaner burning than #2. It also has fewer BTU's per gallon and your MPG will suffer and it costs more. There is nothing you can dump in your fuel tank to keep your egr clean.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote