www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > New Beetle TDI Picture Gallery

New Beetle TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a New Beetle TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old October 20th, 2007, 12:48   #1
DieselDriver2003
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46
Default 2006 New Beetle GLS TDI - the last Beetle TDI

I bought one from Maryland with 5-speed. Cream exterior, cream leather interior, in like new condition. It still has the new car smell -one owner, I am happy.
Old October 20th, 2007, 18:10   #2
MountainTig

By the title does that mean they will no longer make TDI Beetles? I know there were none in North America in 2007, but I haven't yet learned why.
MountainTig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2007, 19:41   #3
DieselDriver2003
Veteran Member

I guess so, because when I was doing the search, I did not find any Beetle TDI newer than 2006. Also, the salesman from one of the dealer said VW will sell only Jetta TDI's after this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTig
By the title does that mean they will no longer make TDI Beetles? I know there were none in North America in 2007, but I haven't yet learned why.
Old October 29th, 2007, 09:29   #4
Dunno513
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44.5 lifetime

Salespeople don't know any more about product line up than we do. I highly doubt that VW will only produce the Jetta with a TDI especially with the reported addition of diesel models from other brands here in the States by 2009.

The beetle is reportedly under reconstruction efforts, so perhaps we won't see one in that, but expect it in the A5 Golf.. ehem.. Rabbit by 2008.5 or 2009. No way VW would ignore the market like that.
Dunno513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 09:56   #5
DieselDriver2003
Veteran Member

You're probably right, but for the time being, no Beetle and used supplies are quite limited, or there are price gauging going on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunno513
Salespeople don't know any more about product line up than we do. I highly doubt that VW will only produce the Jetta with a TDI especially with the reported addition of diesel models from other brands here in the States by 2009.

The beetle is reportedly under reconstruction efforts, so perhaps we won't see one in that, but expect it in the A5 Golf.. ehem.. Rabbit by 2008.5 or 2009. No way VW would ignore the market like that.