www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Old March 7th, 2001, 11:05   #46
s9utct

Default Re: be sure to use synthetic blinker fluid

I just got my Flux-Capacitor install 2 weeks ago. My 2001 Jetta runs much better on 2012 Texaco diesel than the current. I've just ordered a similar Flux-Capacitor for a tanker truck and I am taking pre-orders for 2012 diesel fuel.

Maybe I should get a car hauler trailer too. Any one want a 2011 B7 Passat 4Motion v6 TDI 225 Hp 340 ft-lb torque and gets 95 mpg?? This model has fixed the leaking blinker fluid problem.

s9utct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2001, 06:43   #47
Tom Kuc
Veteran Member

Enough guys/gals, hot coffee came out my nose.
KaleCo-it does end in a vowel..
Don't forget dielectric grease, need that lubricity boost, so long as it is not from Australia and remember to safety wire everything or it will pop right out on you.
I won't believe a word of any of this until the German version is printed on an official letterhead.
Tom Kuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2001, 08:38   #48
SoTxBill
Veteran Member

I have decided to change to european tires and rims to improve traction..

but the dyno test are not showing any increase in preformance..

does anyone know where to buy european air to put in the tires.. I am told this will fix the problem.

ps... will i have to change to a metric tire guage??

any ideals would be appreciated.
SoTxBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2001, 09:30   #49
Heinz57
Veteran Member

As you start a conversation with a french person quickly slip a Glad bag (Jumbo size)over their head and pull the draw string tight. After about an hour (Dont worry, they will not notice) remove the bag while the person still stands and continues to talk. Since this is hot air(based on ambient temperature it will rise) let it cool off suffiently or your tire pressure will be incorrect. Voila !!!! Instant european air for penney's per cubic foot.

PS: It is considered poor etiquette to ask a french person to place their lips directly on the tire valve !!!! To try this with a German is futile - the air freezes as it rises since the heart temperature never reaches 60 degrees. The evil DR. Evil

------------------
2K Golf GL TDI
White/BLack
UPsolute Chip &Tuning box Epsolonian Descreened, K&N, Oilguard and rear fogs/euroswitch
Super blinker fluid and high performance muffler bearing und dann bin ich sehr schnell...

[This message has been edited by Heinz57 (edited March 08, 2001).]
Heinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2001, 13:39   #50
Mik
Veteran Member

TexasBill:

Euro air can be had very inexpensively from airlines, who have to pump it out of the cabins in customs. You can get nearly-new transatlantic air from the Delta terminal for a fraction of the cost of importing new air in cylenders. The airline air also qualifies as "Jet-A Volumetric Capacitance Atmosphere", and will provide better handling at high speeds.

Also, don't forget to cross-drill your headliner.

Does anyone know if synthetic blinker fluid is compatible with my rear-window mounted Winky?

=Mik

[This message has been edited by Mik (edited March 08, 2001).]
Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2001, 16:13   #51
Tom Kuc
Veteran Member

TexasBill, you people who use the cheapest air you can find crack me up-don't you know that the good air comes from Siberia, they have an additive which increases the density.

Mik, the only good Winkies are in Europe,and until our sucky voltage changes we won't see any of the good stuff. If you do a search you would learn that your Winky requires at least 15.071234125 volts.
Old March 8th, 2001, 16:23   #52
Tom Kuc
Veteran Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TexasBill:
I have decided to change to european tires and rims to improve traction..

but the dyno test are not showing any increase in preformance..
And just how much did you pay for this dyno test, huh???????????????????????

does anyone know where to buy european air to put in the tires.. I am told this will fix the problem

ps... will i have to change to a metric tire guage??

any ideals would be appreciated.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old March 8th, 2001, 17:27   #53
Mik
Veteran Member

Tom:

"Mik, the only good Winkies are in Europe,and until our sucky voltage changes we won't see any of the good stuff."

Ha! Shows how little you know about the new advanced blinker line doping techniques. With an Erbium and Teflon doping compound poured in before bleeding the lines, I can run higher pressures in my opto-electrical fluid system and my E-spec Racing Winky is shining bright!

The secret is ferrofluidic titration, with deposits of Carbonized Race Augmentation Particles, or CRAP, being spread throughout the line. This eases the flow of blinker and brake light fluid, increasing my fuel economy and karmachameleonic gear boost levels.

That Siberian air thing is a good tip, though - I'll have to try that. Have you heard anything about whether I should de-humidify it?

=Mik

[This message has been edited by Mik (edited March 08, 2001).]
Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2001, 19:33   #54
tommy37
Veteran Member

Mik--

Don't put that CRAP in your system. It will result in BARF (Blinker Average Rate Fluctuation).

tommy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2001, 22:15   #55
ScottTDI
Veteran Member

Valois,

Did you drive your TDI from M31? Were you able to make it on 1 tank? That may be the high mileage winner Next time you go back, bring us some Ultra low sulpher diesel and some Upsolute blinker blend/warp field anti-collapser.

Scott
ScottTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2001, 06:37   #56
Tom Kuc
Veteran Member

Mik-DO NOT dehumidify the Siberian air, the few water molecules which are present have been shown to increase the lubricity between the air and the steel wheels resulting in a measurable boost to the rotating force inside the tire. A technical bulletin reports an increase of +.00897654 mpg.
The bad news is that the really good steel wheels are only available in Europe and until we raise the carbon content of our metal to Euro DIN ISO #2, a low grade stainless alloy, we have to use this crap.
An investigative article by the Catholic bashing media magnate Ted Turner reported that our wheels are distributed by a certain New York organization and that they are in fact from Australia.
TexasBill, did you really get deported from Canada (Quebec?) for not having either French air in your tires or a metric tire gauge within reach of a belted operator??
Old March 9th, 2001, 09:41   #57
BigAl
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57/52+/46

------------------
99 Jetta TDI (A4),Alan.....
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2002, 20:39   #58
SoTxBill
Veteran Member

paper or plastic??
after reading about the airfilter test.. serveral things come to mind..

first off... dynos dont lie.. within the margin of error,, it would appear the the sythetic had just a smigin of gain...

but but but..

i believe the snorkel setup would introduce cooler air into the engine vrs a cone... in real driving vrs running on a dyno... cant prove it... but it sounds logical... so as we know the air temp is critical...(intercooler) the ram air box or not so ram air box does serveral things.. first of which is brings in cold air from the front of the car.. not from around the hot engine.... secondly if your in the dust country.. you know want the ram air-to air box does to separate dirt and water from the air...thirdly the air in front of the car is slightly higher presssure so you gain some althought the vnt may not need it...

so i would lean toward a viper panel if it were me... air box, cold air,,ram effect,, dirt and water separator...

but some folks like the sucking sound, the turbo spooling up.. and even though the dyno doesnt show it.. ... hmmmm..

makes me thing about my chrome stick shift knob.. althought the dyno doesnt show it... my butt g-meter says that taking off the muffler gives me 8000 more horse power... and my dog is bigger than yours...

then again,,some of us ole farts will just settle for great mileage,, and let you young whipper- snappers do all the flogging on your ponies...
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:07   #59
volmaniac
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 Golf GLS
Fuel Economy: around 50 mpg

this is a classic ttt
volmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 19:25   #60
SoTxBill
Veteran Member

Default the original blinker fluid thread...

any old timers have any ideals on how to improve the dyno tests?
According to statistics, every human has one testicle and one large breast.
98% of Lawyers give the rest a bad name.