www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted

TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel cars for sale and wanted.

Old January 11th, 2017, 10:42   #1
Zer0t

Default 2008 Touareg 2 TDI

It's with a very heavy heart that I offer my V10 TDI with 53,700 miles for sale.

The SUV is a 2008 T2 black on black with tinted windows. The vehicle has the following equipment and whether or not it is standard or optional I do not know, if I missed something feel free to ask.

The head unit has navigation, backup camera and sirius satellite radio, it is the original unit that came with the car. It has 4 zone heat and A/C, heated seats front and rear and a heated steering wheel. The interior is black, I assume it's leather, and a grey headliner and pillars. The interior is in fantastic condition and shows very little wear. The car also have Air Susp/PS/PB/PW/P seats/P mirrors that retract and a trailer hitch. Finally, as I look around it does have keyless start and rear locking differentials. I have two keys, one is brand new and the other is original. One key was extremely worn and the plastic covers were coming off so I had a new key programmed.

The exterior is in great shape, no dings or dents, the paint is in excellent shape, no scratches that are remarkable. The tires were replaced less than 6,000 miles ago along with the brakes and rotors. As I mentioned earlier the brakes seem to be an optional size or I misunderstood the mechanic at the dealer when they were replaced. What I took from it was they were 30mm larger than standard but I'm not sure that there was an option on the brakes that year. Nonetheless they are new and they are very good, no noise or fade. I replaced the two batteries in October (quite a pricey fix for the two). I had the oil changed and wiper blades replaced less than 200 miles ago.

The car comes with the Fidelity Platinum Plus warranty, you pay the transfer it's modest, that covers the car until 5-2020 or 108,864 miles, whichever comes first. So you can drive for quite some time with great peace of mind that you won't be on the hook for than the $100 per incident deductible. If you've never had the VW Fidelity Warranty I can tell you it's great and it's just like factory from the treatment I receive at the dealership. I've never had to file any paperwork or any other administrative work and every claim has been paid. Most recently the high pressure switch on the A/C and the steering column, being told common issue on this particular year and model, have been replaced with a total cost of $200.00 dollars to me.

The car is in spectacular shape and everything functions as it should. It drives and stops straight, accelerates like a freight train and has great road manners.

I will post a video and some photos in the next couple of days so that everyone can see this specimen. The car fax is clean, no hit, no paint, and you can enjoy with confidence and piece of mind. I am modifying the asking price to a realistic $22,000.00 including the warranty. If you do not want the warranty we can negotiate that.

My phone number is 973-464-2758 so feel free to call or text to discuss the vehicle.

Thanks again,
Rob
Zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2017, 10:49   #2
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Nice vehicle! 2008s are very rare - perhaps as rare as the 2004, which is what I have. Good luck with the sale, and please post pictures.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 12:08   #3
Zer0t

Here is a YouTube walk around and I'll get some stills up tomorrow. The car is in outstanding shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJTz-WBCit0
Old January 13th, 2017, 12:48   #4
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Great video. Does it have the rear differential lock or just the center?

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 13:57   #5
Zer0t

It has rear locking differential. Thanks.
Old January 13th, 2017, 17:00   #6
MaroonB4
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40ish, and I ain't easy on the go pedal

Other than the front plate and the sticker on the back window that is a good looking Touareg!
MaroonB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2017, 12:21   #7
Zer0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroonB4 View Post
Other than the front plate and the sticker on the back window that is a good looking Touareg!
Whoever is lucky enough to get it won't be lucky enough to keep those!
Old March 3rd, 2017, 04:37   #8
tydaddy
Veteran Member

If you still have this after the buyback of my 2010...I'll be first on the list!!
2005 TDI Wagon, Malone 1.5, 2010 Touareg V6 TDI
Hex-Can USB owner
tydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 11:55   #9
TDIshadow

Sent you a Text. Im interested if you still have it!
TDIshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 13:06   #10
VAG-Aficionado

this was sold long ago to a clubtouareg guy...definitely a unicorn
VAG-Aficionado is offline   Reply With Quote