www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old July 16th, 2017, 19:33   #226
elcid86

I got my Bosch check about 10 days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old July 17th, 2017, 12:43   #227
vdubmom2b

Angry omg

still no check and called BOSCH They said they have yet to receive approval from VW ...yet I have emails and fax copies from VW saying all info I submitted is accepted...so I have no clue...but something is not right with this...they said to just wait...easy 4 them to say...so upset about all of this
vdubmom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 16:39   #228
lawnarjax

I am on hold to talk to bosch now, been holding 12 minutes, about every 30 seconds a recording tells me that my wait time will be less than one minute. She has said it 25 times. Lets see how long this take...
aha 17 minutes.
lawnarjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 16:41   #229
bobt2382
Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor

Fuel Economy: 46.5

^ I would have lasted 3-4 minutes and then would have hung up. You sir, have more patience than I will ever have.
2010 4D CWhite Golf TDI, 6 sp manual, Fluidampr, Bixenons, Rear Airbags, RNS-510, Dynaudio, DieselGeek SS & P2015 bracket, Force Fed Eng. Shifter Bushings. XB,UB, & RB UNIbraces; TyrolSport Brake Caliper Bushing, 2Micron Contain/PureFlow kits & timing belt cover, PolarFis MFD module, Euro light switch, R Red LED Tail Lights,Under Seat Drawers, Full color MFD cluster.
bobt2382 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 16:55   #230
DanB36
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubmom2b View Post
so upset about all of this
Relax, you'll live longer. Bosch will get to it when they get to it, and they have a backlog of about 200k checks to send out (and four of them are mine). But I'm starting to think they won't be sending out anything until you actually have something done--either sell back the car or have the fix done. If no fix is approved, and you don't sell your car back, you'll probably need to file a claim with Bosch directly.

"DanB36 seems to be always on point." - CT_White_SRT
Sold: 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, Atlantic Blue, 270k miles
Sold to Dieselgate: 2 x 2013 JSW DSG, 1 x 2013 Jetta Sedan DSG
DanB36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 18:35   #231
bobt2382
Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor

Fuel Economy: 46.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island bus guy View Post
Hi bobt2382
We're on record with the Gen 1 fix as well (2014 Beetle) but have yet to see anything from Bosch. As I read through these postings, I get the impression only the folks that have settled with VW are getting their checks (buybacks or 2015 fix).

I have the same thought that we may have to wait. Oh well, I'm not going to lose sleep over $350. I just want all of the loose ends cleared up sooner rather than later.

The money, when it does arrive will just go into the checking account. I'll need some new tires in a year or two, along with brakes and shocks. BTW, my headliner has started to separate around the sunglass holder, lol.
2010 4D CWhite Golf TDI, 6 sp manual, Fluidampr, Bixenons, Rear Airbags, RNS-510, Dynaudio, DieselGeek SS & P2015 bracket, Force Fed Eng. Shifter Bushings. XB,UB, & RB UNIbraces; TyrolSport Brake Caliper Bushing, 2Micron Contain/PureFlow kits & timing belt cover, PolarFis MFD module, Euro light switch, R Red LED Tail Lights,Under Seat Drawers, Full color MFD cluster.
bobt2382 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 07:47   #232
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjclow View Post
My bank did something strange with the Bosch check. My wife deposited it on the 6th and got the notice that the funds would be on hold until the check cleared but the bank credited the account. Yesterday, they pulled the money back out of the account and now have it blocked until the 15th. I know they held the funds from the VW check but that was over $20k, not $350. It's like they're expecting the check to bounce.
The bank finally cleared the check. I guess Bosch is good for the $350 after all.
Old July 18th, 2017, 09:22   #233
johnnyrotten

Fuel Economy: 40.2 OVERALL AVERAGE

Haven't received anything from Bosch as yet, except for a letter from VW stating that Bosch will pay $350!
johnnyrotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 14:37   #234
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

I read in one of my offer letters or online forms that Bosch will send money only AFTER buyback is completed. I think a few people here are waiting for checks before they did the buyback.
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 21:44   #235
VeedUp

TDI(s): 2011 RS JSW

My buyback was on June 29, still haven't herd anything from Bosch
VeedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 21:55   #236
TDIAllen

Fuel Economy: 42.0 mpg
Default Bosch checked received

I received a check from Bosch on June 16.
TDIAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 03:06   #237
McCarthy

My buyback was mid February, called and got the run around, sent email 2 weeks later, reply below, no follow up yet.

While $350 is not much money, the longer they drag this out the more I get pissed. I long bought my replacement vehicle (a proper 6.6 l V8 Diesel) and want to move on (and away from VW and all this BS).

From: info@BoschVWSettlement.com [mailto:info@BoschVWSettlement.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 11:58 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: noreply@BoschVWSettlement.com
Subject: RE: Payment

Dear xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your correspondence.

We are looking into your inquiry and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Elsa M.
Bosch Settlement
Claims Administrator

Last edited by McCarthy; July 19th, 2017 at 03:08.
Old July 19th, 2017, 08:37   #238
vdubmom2b

Talking blieve it when we get it

It is the principal of all of this...it is a court ordered settlement...and $350 is alot of money for us...We got notified by the VW settlement people that we qualified additionally for the BOSCH payment. We are one of those waiting for EPA approval of VW submitted fix. We did not turn our car in. There is I believe in the forum a belief that to be eligible one had to have turned their car in. This is not correct. VWsettlement notified BOSCH of all qualified owners. It is on BOSCH now as they told us they have yet to receive our information which was approved by VW. It is indeed a war of words as we faxed all communications from VWsettlement to BOSCH. They said that does not count as they did not receive it directly from VWsettlement. We feel like we are on a merry go round with this as VWsettlement said again they sent the qualfiying approval to BOSCHl We frankly do not know what is going on and have contacted a lawyer familiar with both settlements to help us get what is rightfully ours.
vdubmom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 09:00   #239
DanB36
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubmom2b View Post
There is I believe in the forum a belief that to be eligible one had to have turned their car in. This is not correct.
There is a developing belief that you must have received something from VW--either the buyback or the fix--before Bosch will pay. I'm not certain this is the case, but it seems logical that it would be. Can you cite a section of the Bosch settlement that contradicts this belief?

"DanB36 seems to be always on point." - CT_White_SRT
Sold: 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, Atlantic Blue, 270k miles
Sold to Dieselgate: 2 x 2013 JSW DSG, 1 x 2013 Jetta Sedan DSG
DanB36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 09:23   #240
Dup_Loop

TDI(s): Q7 TDI

There's nothing stopping anyone from also filing a claim directly with Bosch through their claims process.
Dup_Loop is offline   Reply With Quote