Cleaning 09A Solenoids?

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I did a brand new OEM solenoid swap (all 9) on my 09A. I had 2-3K miles of trouble free service from the trans. Lately, my 1st-2nd has been delayed until the car is warmed up (I have a thread here about it).

I am assuming some dirt/debri came loos and is causing that solenoid to malfunction.

I don't want to buy a new solenoid If I don't have to IF they can be blown out or otherwise cleaned (again, it's basically new).

1. Can you do this to the solenoid without harming it?

2. What about a whole valve body? If I were to take all of the solenoids out, might as well clean the offices in the valve body that could also hold the dirt/debri. Off the car obviously.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Are there any DTC's in the TSU? I would start there; VCDS is what you need to diagnose the 09A.

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Hi JB05, thank you for taking the time to reply, however my questions aren't "What's wrong with my trans"? I already discussed this with another member and have a VCDS that I use. It's a great tool!

Just looking for specific advice from people that know if cleaning out solenoids (the DIY way w/o expensive equipment) is advisable or not.

I do appreciate you trying to help though!:)