Prices are coming down

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Been watching and the A8's are starting to drop into the low $20k range....A6s even in the mid to low teens.

And for fun I keep an eye on mobile.de where you can pick up a v10 Phaeton for <$3k and even the V12 Q7s are around $25k. No, they can't be imported but they certainly can make their way into the states in pieces and serve as a donor car. :cool:

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
Been watching and the A8's are starting to drop into the low $20k range....A6s even in the mid to low teens.
And for fun I keep an eye on mobile.de where you can pick up a v10 Phaeton for <$3k and even the V12 Q7s are around $25k. No, they can't be imported but they certainly can make their way into the states in pieces and serve as a donor car. :cool:
Where are you seeing this?

In Chicago the few '16 A6 TDI's available are selling all of a sudden (I had a few bookmarked and they are gone now) or prices have gone up a bit into the $31-33k range.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Where are you seeing this?
In Chicago the few '16 A6 TDI's available are selling all of a sudden (I had a few bookmarked and they are gone now) or prices have gone up a bit into the $31-33k range.
cars.com

They list 6 cars below $20k and 26 cars <$25k.

The A7 seems to be demanding the highest prices still. Probably because it's just a damn gorgeous car.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Up here in Canada there are a few brand new A6 and A7 still around. Anything to keep in mind with these models if one was to consider one? Electronics, suspension, transmission? I'm assuming same V6 as in all Audi Q models and VW Toureg's.

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
There are only two '16 A6 Prestige available in my area on CarGurus. Before Christmas there were about 20. Cars.com only has one 2014 A6 Prestige and its $28k.

Fingers crossed when May 1st rolls around there is more to choose from.

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
Up here in Canada there are a few brand new A6 and A7 still around. Anything to keep in mind with these models if one was to consider one? Electronics, suspension, transmission? I'm assuming same V6 as in all Audi Q models and VW Toureg's.
I chatted with a dealership in my area that had 3 new A6 TDIs with the fix completed. Less then 250 miles on them. They were including a full warranty till 2022 with the cars. Maybe see if the dealership will have a warranty for you. Anything that can dry out or lose it's proper seal from not being used is something to be careful about on a car sitting for a few years. They quoted the cars at $52k but I never went farther on haggling with them. Christmas came and all the cars were gone.