Factory remote start issues

NVTDI

TDI
2014 Jetta
Installed a factory remote start system (562065760A) on a 2014 Passat and it won't start. I had the dealer update the software but at the time I didn't have the remote start key. I have double and triple checked all the wiring, shouldn't it start with the original key?

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Won'tt start at all, or won't start remotely? I would think the normal (non remote) start process would be unchanged . . .

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
sounds like it won't start at all.

Did the remote start module come with new keys? my guess is it messed up the imobilizer or is looking for a remote start key now, maybe the keys just need to be "re-paired" to the car.

Did you give both keys to the dealer when they performed the work?

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Update software for what? The remote start or the rest of the car? I thought the remote start kit came with new keys that would need to be programmed to the immobilizer.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Update software for what? The remote start or the rest of the car? I thought the remote start kit came with new keys that would need to be programmed to the immobilizer.
It updates the BCM so it knows remote start has been installed.

And No, for $246 for the remote start kit, it does not come with keys.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Last edited:

Dubin20th

TDI
2015 Jetta
Just for clarification, the car was fine after the dealer performed the update for the remote start?
Since then you have paired the new keys with the car and now it won't start? How many keys did you add aside from the original?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
If it won’t even crank over, then something unrelated to the keys is wrong. Maybe the wiring, maybe the BCM.

But even with an unprogrammed key, it would crank and start then immediately shut off.

Something else is wrong.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
such sparse information from NVTDI.

If the immobilizer is activated (IE it isn't recognizing a proper paired key) it'll turn over but not start, right?

The dealer check battery connections?