Interesting

Skymedic

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Hey all. I am just back from a trip to central WV. No banjo or lost while rafting jokes pease...lol. :eek:

During my trip in my 2006 Jetta PD 5 speed, I noticed some power issues. While pulling long grades(5-8%) in 4th and 5th gear with RPM's above 3300, I felt and heard some "hiccupps". They were hesitations that were very brief and that didnt cause any reduction in speed. Fuel flow was obviously as high as it can go due to the grade and WOT.

I have 17k miles now and all services have been done as required by the stealership.

Is this likely being caused by the fuel filter being close too the end of life? The change interval is at 20k right?

Thoughts?

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
That or water - maybe air but not likely - was there a canoe in back of that station

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Yep! Got a spare? See the how to thread in the A5 forum. Sometimes you make the full 20,000 miles and sometimes you don't.

HTH

Bill

Skymedic

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Yeah, Ned Beatty was there too....lol.

You may be right. After talking to my fiance about it she said she did not get fuel at our regular BP. She used a Shell. I also had not put any PS in with the fuel for like 3 tanks.

Thanks as always WJ. I will have a 10k mile UOA next month on Amsoil, BTW.

Skymedic

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Ok, WJ and company. I have another one for you to ponder.

Over the last few months I have had an issue with the vehicle stalling. It is always with A/C on high and while slowing down to stop. I will typically be in 2nd or 3rd gear. The car will just die. I know I am not stalling it by my own actions. I have been driving manual my whole life. Its not a stall from improper gearing because there is no violent rumble like when it is stalled by being in too high a gear and too low a speed. I have done this several times on purpose for comparison.

Thoughts?

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
Have you run Vag Com -

this is a 2006 - sounds like fuel flow - if a diesel fails its not getting fuel or air.
this could also be a vaccum leak. possibly