Post your TDI sightings here!!

hpc

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 NB TDI, 2013 GLK 250 BlueTec
MD: I-270 near Germantown

Arghh! Made me sad - saw dark blue Jetta TDI parked on
shoulder along Northbound I-270 near Germantown exit today.

No one in car. Hate to see a fellow-TDI'er suffer.

Ironforger

Veteran Member
Philly PA, I-95 South this morning

I saw a Silver Jetta TDI this morning on I-95 South in Philly. He had Maryland lic plates, and a TDI club licence frame, and TDI club verticle sticker on rear window. I waved, he saw me (Blue NB). The Jetta was putting out tremendous black smoke when accelerating. I wonder what the setup is? Any mods?

blue_jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Blue Jetta, 2005.5 Black Jetta
Silver NB in PA: Rt 33, I-80, & I-380

Spotted a Silver New Beetle yesterday as I made my way up to Montrose, PA (north of Scranton). First passed me on 33 northbound (I spotted the soot around the tailpipe), then I passed him on I-80 waving as I did so. He again passed me on I-380 north where I noticed the tdiclub frame. I wanted to catch up but needed to stay with the big white van pulling the car trailer as we were traveling together. We liked your "fluid dynamics" bumper sticker.

Ironically, the owner of the white van also has an A5 TDI in black as his daily driver. His A5 would not have been well suited to pulling a full trailer of furniture that he was going to have on the return trip.

NegativeEd

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Dieselgate
I saw a flash of green with a TDI badge blow by me this morning on the Merritt Parkway just North of New Haven. Green MK-IV Jetta w/ Mass plates heading southbound like they had a trunk full of white light'nin.

Also had a nice chat with (a CNC Tech?) at my drummer's shop up by CESU. He had a nice 05 or 06 Passat. Engine sounded *sweet*... I need to save my pennies and get one of those...

Negative Ed

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Annapolis MD

Saw a black (or dark blue) A3 Jetta going the other way on King James St right by the Naval Academy on my way back from purchasing an outrageously expensive, but tasty, brew from Starbucks about 15 mins ago. Driver appeared to be late 20s and resembled Shaggy from Scooby Doo.:p I saw your grille badge and gave a nod in mid-sip of my latte as you went by. It makes me wonder why the A4s ditched the grille badge. It's such an attention getter and has probably saved countless fender benders involving TDI drivers craning their necks or looking in their mirrors to try to determine if that VW that just passed was a TDI!

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
Silver Jetta in York, PA

6/16, around 4:30 afternoon

Silver MK4 Jetta heading-up Mt Zion Rd in York, PA from Rt 30 side. Passed you going the opposite direction. Had to be a TDI, only one inspection sticker on your windshield... ;)

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Chesapeake Bay Bridge Westbound

7:45am today. White A5 Jetta with young, female driver who was very easy on the eyes. Perhaps we could meet for lunch and discuss the outstanding efficiency and economy of the TDI engine?

Ah, damn, that's right. I'm married. Drat!:mad:

LOWRANGO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf GLS TDI Auto
saw a member tonight on the way home. silver a5 jetta with tdiclub frame. i was in a customers touareg and pulled up behind you going over the bridge at exit 15 on the western spur. a few minutes later, saw a silver a4 jetta, tinted windows, ny plates ras we were passing neewark airport.

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Columbia, Maryland

I stopped posting sightings within Columbia, Maryland months ago as there are just too many. I see, on average, 3 a day. Mostly the MKV type. Mostly driven by woman. I stopped waving at them too :D

When I bought my car last August, I had the intention of using Baltimore Biodiesel, hence why the sticker is still there. I almost get 50 MPG when I'm not flooring it. So I also bought the sticker from http://www.mpgstick.com/

They also do 30, 40, 50 and 80 MPG too.

I get so many questions as to MPG and Miles Per Tank (MPT) so I thought I'd answer that daily by putting a sticker on my car.

My point to all this...? I was at Borders bookstore today and a woman came up to me and basically said thanks. She had noticed the stickers on my very car in traffic one day around town, she did the research as they were needing a new car anyway, and bought a MKV 2006 Jetta. How amazing is that :)

So I guess I'll have to get another sticker for my wifes NB TDI now...

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Blue_Hen_TDI said:
7:45am today. White A5 Jetta with young, female driver who was very easy on the eyes. Perhaps we could meet for lunch and discuss the outstanding efficiency and economy of the TDI engine?

Ah, damn, that's right. I'm married. Drat!:mad:

haha, I know what you mean... i saw a hottie in a MKV TDI around here ealier this week

pkeegs

TDI
2005 mk5 Jetta
Albany Area TDI's

I saw a Taureg, Jetta (identical to mine), and a Golf owned by a nice kid named Peter who knows where I can use a VAG COM. :D

bmike

Thread Killer
TDI
1998 Jetta - sold, 2010 A3 - sold
Saw a blue Jetta TDI heading north on Rt. 8 in Naugatuck with 2 of the biggest antenna I've ever seen on the rear bumper. I think they were costing you a MPG or so.....

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Spotted Blue MKIV Jetta with red "I" going northbound on I-495 yesterday.

I've been seeing a lot of TDIs lately.

NegativeEd

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Dieselgate
Wednesday July 11th

Black MKIV Golf in Stamford, CT getting onto I-95 Southbound. Saw the guy had his windows open and was stopped at the light so I rolled up and shouted, "Nice car!". I think I startled him... but the Golf does look nice in black...

Negative Ed

f_bush

TDI
jetta .05 silver
In addition to the 4 I see in my company lot every day
I see too many to mention comuting on I-95 in the
Stamford area. I think with people are finally coming around
to modern deisel techmology and that sightings are becoming
commonplace. It's still fun to see who's driving them.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
You know it's been odd lately. I have been seeing a huge number of TDI cars. Perhaps 3 of every 5 Jettas and Golfs that I see lately are TDIs. Are New Englanders hording them?

zocco

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
MD Grey Passat, McDaniel sticker

Saw a Grey Passat, with a McDaniel College sticker and a tdiclub plate frame on Rolling Rd this morning. I was the grey Golf following you. :D

NegativeEd

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Dieselgate
Ahem...

I saw a red 2 door MK-IV Golf TDI heading North on the Merritt Parkway yesterday around 4:30 ish. Car had Mass plates, last two digits GN.

If you know this person, or see them, please let them know that their stock plastic skid plate is loose and hanging down...

negative ed

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
Passed a black Jetta wagon on I-91 North in Northampton MA, had Quebec plates and a TDIclub plate frame, I waved you caught up and waved back, then for some reason I felt like going much faster than the speed limit and you took a Hatfield exit.

Cheers mate!

SSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
none :-(
I saw a Black A4 Jetta wagon with roof top carrier on Rte3 in Maine between Elsworth and Belfast... Nice lookin' wagon! I was the grey A4 with a bike and a big orange kayak!

mikeyF

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 silver Golf
I know i posted a while back about this, but this past week i passed an a4 blue golf with a greasecar.com sticker on the back window cruising through my town (rutland, ma). I've seen the car a few times now...anyone on here??

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
speed185187 said:
I spotted StealthTDI getting onto I-395 yesterday in waterford, ct
I guess he's not so Stealth after all if you spotted him in broad daylight!

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
I saw a someone in a dark A3 jetta with a TDIClub plate frame. I was the Golf wagon following you on 87 for a few miles.