Turbo cost dealer replacement?

Elaslo

TDI
2013 Passat
I have a p0299 code. Flashing glow plug light Engin indicator light in. 174k miles. If I do need the turbo replaced, can anyone give me an idea of cost? I don’t particularly trust my dealer.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
That is tough. The turbo itself is about $1700, and there will be a few gaskets. Labor is 8.8 hours.

But, if the dealer goes by the TSB regarding the all-too-common turbo failure, they'll be doing a LOT more, like taking the oil pan off, etc. and they could built it up to some crazy number like $4k.

The two CKRA turbos that I did (before the warranty extension came into play), I JUST did the turbo, nothing else, and had zero problems, same as all the CJAA and CBEA turbos I have done.

Last edited:

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I want to say dealer price on mine was around $4,500. Besides the turbo they dig into oil lines and oil pump as I remember. As I remember they get pretty through about replacing anything that might have gotten some debris in it.