2005 VW Passat B5.5V MANUAL trans - MB

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Chev Silverado 6.6L Duramax
PRICE DROP TO $6000 USD or $7000CDN!! She needs a new home.

Hi. I'm testing the waters for selling my Passat wagon. 2005 Passat TDI Wagon. GLS Pkg, heated seats, sunroof, no wood trim, no Monsoon.

Current km's: 343K (212K miles) Updated Jun 1/16
Price: $7000CDN or $6000USD

NO EXPENSE was spared servicing and maintaining this car. This car has been retrofitted with an FHN euro 5 speed and programmed to function exactly as OEM. My car was the first for Richard at CoolAirVW in Kansas City. (My car is the one on his website) Mileage has been about +6US MPG with the trans change over. I have 100K km's (60K miles on the swap now) Below are some highlights of this car: (This is not the full maint done but highlights...)

FULL SERVICE RECORDS FROM DAY 1, 2 OWNER!!! (I've owned it since Nov 2012)
Dec 2012 - BSMD/timing belt performed, Frost heater installed, new motor mounts
Aug 2013 – Transmission swap to euro 5 speed, Malone stage 1.5 tune
Mar 2014 – Installed Bosal Euro Hitch. The only proper hitch for towing with these cars
Jun 2014 – Installed Prodigy P3 brake controller and airlift rear air bags
Dec 2014 - Installed FM100 fuel filter system
Jan 2015 – Upgraded clutch to Clutchmasters FX25 and Whitbread performance flywheel
Apr 2015 – Installed Bilstein HD suspension, 4 wheel alignment
May 2015 – Installed Colt Stage 2 cam

THE GOOD:

Every possible upgrade has been done to this car to keep it in top shape. Clear bra on car from day 1. Previous owner spent $25K on maintenance, I've spent $21K including trans swap... this car is as PERFECT as you can get for 205K miles on it. Oil changes have all been documented and changed regularly with Pentosin, Liquimoly or the like. Usually from Boraparts.

ACCESSORIES:
Votex rear spoiler (bought from Gerwazy)
PASSAT stainless door inserts (bought from Gerwazy)
Euro switch
Euro cargo cage
PANZER PLATE

Interior is anthracite with NO tears, car looks brand new inside and has been maintained 100%. Heated front seats, sunroof, all 3 keys and manuals. New monster mats a couple years ago. Right now Nokian hakkapelitta winter tires (on steelies) are installed on the car but it will come with summer (15" Wellingtons) tires as well.

The car has been rustproofed and has had several body panels refinished to keep the rust at bay.

THE BAD:

There is rust starting to form on along the beltline on the driver's door.

UPDATE: VW is replacing drivers door summer 2016. Door is currently on backorder.

That's it as far as I know for rust. I've spent thousands to ensure this car looks showroom clean.

Center vent one fin is damaged

Passenger door lock module is bad and doesn't allow the interior lights to go on when that door is open. Door still locks and unlocks. I have a replacement door lock module in a box.

I would be sad to see it go and all the upgrades were done with longetivity in mind. I'm considering a job closer to home and won't be driving 60mi/day anymore. I will help import for an American buyer. Car will come with MB safety for local/Canadian buyers. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have. Thanks.

Last edited:

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
Very tempted to get my brother to ditch his MK3 Jetta for this, but alas, he is broke. I want that hitch!

GLWS.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
I can't believe you haven't sold this yet :confused: Great car with lots of improvements and its been touched by some of the best hands in the business :p

I am putting my 5 speed wagon up for sale soon but I still need to 5 speed swap my blue B5.5 sedan first, and now that the holidays are upon us, its gonna have to wait.

GLWS :)

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the support guys! Richard did an EXCEPTIONAL job with my Passat. I've recommended him to several Canadians but they think I was crazy driving that far for car work. lol

Yes the Bosal IS that great of a hitch otty! I feel safer towing with my Passat than my wife's CX-9. Very solid.

I know as soon as I sell the car I will regret it. Without this amazing forum I'd be nowhere! You're awesome guys! :)

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
BUMP! How is there such little interest in a fully built B5.5V that has had EVERYTHING done to it for $8K USD? Not to mention full service records? :confused:

ALSO, the below items are also included (installed)

- Evolution Aluminum skid plate
- Vinyl winter front
- It does have summer wheels/tires. Not just the steelies on winters.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

biopete

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta 1998, A4 Jetta 2001
Man, I paid $7200 for my sisters auto that had the tranny rebuilt. No one would buy it. I just had to do the balance shaft delete, egr cooler, oxy sensor , motor mounts , all at same time . Now it still smokes and is shakes at 1800 - 2400 rpms , egr is blocked completely at the moment , and i'm thinking the camshaft is toast too. It's never had anything but the good vw spec oil since she got it at 25,000 miles . Oh well. It's my baby now.

Someone needs to jump on yours and save themselves a lot of time and money and enjoy that thing.

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks Biopete! I'm still driving it everyday. Up to 325K (201K miles) on it now.

For those concerned about the rust this is what's been done:

Panels replaced by VW:
- Hood (2014)
- Left front fender (2013)
- Right front fender (2014)
- Front passenger door (2014)
- Rear driver's passenger door (2014)
- Roof has been refinished (2015)

Panels I paid to have refinished (About $2500)
- Rear passenger door
- Rear left quarter panel
- Rear right quarter panel
- Hatch (painted votex spoiler at the same time)
- Painted roof rails OEM black, no more peeling

What does that leave? Front bumper, rear bumper, driver's door that's original paint. This car has been METICULOUSLY maintained. It was rust proofed in 2014 as well. The car looks AWESOME! It lived the first 7 years of it's life in a heated garage which is why I think the rust was worse than most. It's parked in a garage (non heated) since I've owned it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
BUMP UP! Will include the following items:

- Timing belt tools
- VAG-COM HEX USB
- Bentley DVD repair manual.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
Price drop to $6500USD.

Any feedback guys? Is it the northern climate? Importing from Canada that's scaring potential buyers?

MaroonB4

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with three pedals
I am shopping for a wagon for my new DD and yours is an excellent value (and well taken care of), but I don't have the slightest idea of costs and paperwork necessary to import.

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
I am shopping for a wagon for my new DD and yours is an excellent value (and well taken care of), but I don't have the slightest idea of costs and paperwork necessary to import.
Hi MaroonB4...I'm looking into the importing of this car into the U.S. right now. It's identical to the U.S. versions and I thought there was an EPA compliant sticker on it but I can't find it...I'll let you know what I find out.

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
OK after doing some very brief research unless going through a registered importer (and depending on state) it could be a very long process...which is why I'm assuming U.S. buyers wouldn't want to go through.

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=401075

There is no U.S. compliant sticker on the vehicle and since it's made in Germany...I think that'll hurt the viability. Thanks for the inquiries guys.

B3achbum

Veteran Member
TDI
(Nigel) 2004 jw GLS 5sp / +332K miles, (Hildegarde) 2008 R320 CDI / +132K miles
Certificate of compliance

I read a little about the procedure somewhere (I think on tdiclub... I know, famous last words ;)

But, iirc, you are able to write VW customer relations and request a "certificate of compliance", with the intent of moving to the U.S.
I got the impression it's not difficult or unusual request for you to make, or for VW to fill, as the current owner. A prospective U.S. buyer would not be able to make this request.

If I can find you the write up of this approach, will post a link. BTW, been following this thread a while, sure seems like a great car. GLWS!

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
NEW PRICE BUMP!!! $7000CDN OR $6000USD! I now work close to home so the TDI needs more highway miles from another owner who will love her.

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
Interested but need to import, would think same car was avail for sale in us it should be ok? Looking into it,
Thanks
Deo

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
Car is still for sale. I have the U.S. EPA letter of conformance and am working on getting the letter from VW for for compliance.

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi. Thanks for the interest. It's tentatively sold and I'm working through the paperwork to export the car at the moment. I'm not sure what the export costs will be until I can contact a registered importer (RI) but I don't anticipate it costing a ton.

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
Update: Letter of conformance was easy to get. If I was moving to the U.S. the car is ready for export BUT because the car is being exported for the purpose of selling I think there's another step required. The Passau passed all FMVSS except cluster but it will be compliant with a sticker saying it's in km and not miles. It does not meet California EPA but passes everywhere else.