2011 AJAC TEST FEST Awards.

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
Just in case anyone is interested.

2011 Jetta TDI won best new family car under $30K

2011 Touareg TDI won best new SUV/CUV over $50k

CmdrData

Veteran Member
North of 401, where the snow double/triple up!
TDI
2001 Golf - used to
Here is the rest of the result.

Canadian Car of the Year winners:

• Best new small car (under $21,000): Ford Fiesta
  • Best new small car (over $21,000): Chevrolet Cruze
  • Best new family car (under $30,000): Volkswagen Jetta TDI Clean Diesel
  • Best new family car (over $30,000): Buick Regal
  • Best new luxury car (over $50,000): BMW 5 Series Sedan
  • Best new prestige car (over $75,000): Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • Best new sports/performance car: Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
  • Best new minivan: Toyota Sienna
  • Best new SUV/CUV (under $35,000): Hyundai Tucson
  • Best new SUV/CUV ($35,000-$50,000): Ford Edge
  • Best new SUV/CUV (over $50,000): Volkswagen Touareg

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Been reading a lot of good things about the Porsche 911 Turbo S lately, so glad to see that it nabbed an award as well. Given my short commute, might consider this next (yeah, right....)

Good on the Jetta, but I've also read about what they've cut in order to decrease the price.

rhskcdn

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2014 Reflex Silver
Does anyone else find it amusing that the best new family car under 30K doesn't have quite enough rear-seat enough room to put a modern rear-facing car seat behind either the driver or the passenger? I was contemplating a newer Jetta/Golf wagon but found that, just like our current '01 Golf, rear-facing car seats don't really fit well unless they are mounted in the center seat (or the driver/passenger is only 5' tall). Now this wasn't an exhaustive test... we only tried the maxi-cosi and the sun kids brands as that's what we have.

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Does anyone else find it amusing that the best new family car under 30K doesn't have quite enough rear-seat enough room to put a modern rear-facing car seat behind either the driver or the passenger? I was contemplating a newer Jetta/Golf wagon but found that, just like our current '01 Golf, rear-facing car seats don't really fit well unless they are mounted in the center seat (or the driver/passenger is only 5' tall). Now this wasn't an exhaustive test... we only tried the maxi-cosi and the sun kids brands as that's what we have.
that was one of the test i did with my 2011 Jetta and fits perfect. Are you sure you tested the 2011 Jetta and not the 2010?

Baby infant seat is Graco quattro travel system.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
I can believe that. I have an Evenflo seat which isn't huge, and it fits rather snugly into the rear of my Venza...which has a lot more rear room than the Jettas (though I honestly haven't seen a 2011 up close). I think one would be hard pressed to find any family car in this price range in which a rear facing child seat isn't either snug or is difficult to fit in.

rhskcdn

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2014 Reflex Silver
It was a 2010. Are the 2011 models really that much larger? We decided to hold-off on the purchase until the spring. I think we've decided we'll keep the Golf as our commuting car and get something larger, either a '05 Passat or a Sprinter van, as our weekend-adventure/family transpo.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
2011 jetta has 3 inches more rear leg room then the 2010, and the 2010 has more then the mk4 body.