Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW Jetta Highline TDI
Incredible story... great job and keep that machine on the road ;p

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
what did the car do when the #3 blew out?
I was driving to work and started hearing a tick sound, about 15 miles later it was making a louder tick, then thunk thunk thunk and the motor cut out. Wouldnt crank over and couldnt turn the engine over by hand

Incredible story... great job and keep that machine on the road ;p
Thanks it's definitly been an experience and so far so good.

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Figured I'll post a quick update. Haven't had much time to do much, been so busy with my spare time with the house and what not. The car is still running strong and haven't had any issues since the motor swap. (Knock on wood.) Also started on my black interior swap so hopefully I can get that finished before winter comes.

A friend and I got bored yesterday so we decided to put a little addition on the car... :D

Drive by:
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=2012-09-20_18-22-04_928_zpsae367fe1.mp4

It's temporary because with the windows down and the sound under the car (only a couple inches from the bumper) and bouncing off the road its pretty rediculous.

Thats about it for now, hopefully I can have some updates before 2013 but we'll see lol

Last edited:

Jethro

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 1.9
That "muffler" is killer! I bet pointing straight down like that is out of control!

I toyed with the thought of removing the muffler last time I owned this Jetta.
I think I might run a really small resonator and a turn down, I just can't see drone in a car this simple.

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Yeah it's something else thats for sure haha. I cant wait until I can put a resonator on, the noise is pretty ridiculous. If you do a turn down make sure its passed the bumper so noise doesnt get trapped under the car (like mine) and it wont be bad. The twin tips out the back had hardly any drone

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Been a while since my last update...

Not a whole lot went on throughout winter but the weather has been nice the past couple weekends so I did a few things.

Bought a trailer about a month ago so I'm in the process of gathering parts for a suspension refresh with wagon and VR6 springs

Got stuck that last big storm we had so that's another reason for the suspension and tires lol. The Panzer is only 4" off the ground

Last weekend I relocated my Frostheater plug to the back of the car.

Yesterday I was bored so I figured I'd try out Plasti-Dip. Needless to say I love it!

Did the grille

And the door handles

I have to touch up the inner peice of the last photo.

Next is lower bumper grilles, mirrors, and possibly the bump strips all the way around.

I think my favorite thing about Plasti-Dip is that it has a texture to it so interior parts look OEM

Thats abou it for now until I paint more stuff and I do my suspension and 215/60/16 tires :)

Last edited:

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Been a while since the last update. Got the suspension done and it's not bad, a little stiff though. I used Bilstein TC sports, VR6 springs with a spacer, and wagon springs.

With the stock 205's

With the 215's

Doin work getting set up for a 4th of July fireworks show

Haulin' the Warrior to camp for Memorial Day Weekend

Also just did brakes all around, wheel bearing, hub, and axle on the driver side last weekend, and the rear window done last night (blew it out 2 months ago.) Just gonna try to make it through the winter with it and hopefully pick up a common rail late spring or a newer Jetta regardless, TDI or not. That's all for now! :)