2005 Passat TDI cold start hesitation!!!

FLY-TDI

Veteran Member
Dans bonne pour travailler dans la belle!
TDI
2005 Passat TDI Hers. 2001 Jetta TDI "HWY RNR"
Hey all! The car has 270 000km. When cold say -15C and less, she is stubborn. I find it weird the glow plugs go on for a short time. I re-glow and the time is longer.

I turn the key, she starts and idles rought for like 3-5 seconds then dies. I reglow 2 times. I then have to turn the key and leave starter engaged intul she fires up. I get the "Emissions Workshop" sometimes with a CEL. When I check the cell I get a P0000 code.

Fuel filter was changed in November. I also use Power Service Winter formula. Glow plugs and harness are good.

I have Vagcom and looked around. I figure it's a timing issue. Is there anywhere I should look in vagcom?

Thanks. :cool:

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
I'm also curious if anyone has any insight here. A passat I built for a lady friend does the exact same thing. New cam kit, all values in group 13/33 perfect, fresh fuel filter, good plugs, td tuning tune matches gp's, cam timing at 0. Never sets a code. Will fire right up and then stall after 1-4 seconds. Try it one or two more times and it stays running just fine. Mike even extended the crap out of the glow time and it only very slightly helped.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Probably not ngk plugs. When programed correctly, the afterglo cycle of the ngk gp's is hot enough to light fuel till cyls get hot enough. Performance of the ngk's, with their considerably higher temperature capability, is far superior to the previous Bosch.