Adios..

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuafail

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Well after more than a year of ownership, I said "good riddance" to my TDI.

Which is sad, since it's one of my more favorite cars I've owned, which as been several. But that car has been cursed since the day I bought it... went through three sets of windshields, two fuel pumps, one rim, three door dings, one major scratch, two AdBlue sensors... there's more I'm forgetting but meh.

Very few of these have been direct faults of the car, but after hitting black ice and royally f'n up ANOTHER wheel, I took it as the clear sign the universe had been trying to send me for 14 months... THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

I'll miss the low-end torque, the diesel growl, phenomenal fuel economy and the forum for all the help y'all have provided. A part of me is happy to be back in a high-revving (comparatively) gas engine with giddyup-n-go, but I'll always have a soft spot for the TDI and this incredible community.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Which is sad, since it's one of my more favorite cars I've owned, which as been several. But that car has been cursed since the day I bought it... went through three sets of windshields, two fuel pumps, one rim, three door dings, one major scratch, two AdBlue sensors... there's more I'm forgetting but meh.
Very few of these have been direct faults of the car, but after hitting black ice and royally f'n up ANOTHER wheel, I took it as the clear sign the universe had been trying to send me for 14 months... THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
I'll miss the low-end torque, the diesel growl, phenomenal fuel economy and the forum for all the help y'all have provided. A part of me is happy to be back in a high-revving (comparatively) gas engine with giddyup-n-go, but I'll always have a soft spot for the TDI and this incredible community.

The only possible thing the VW can be faulted on is the fuel pump and a DEF sensors, all the rest is your own doing in one way or another, sorry but that's how I see it.
Windshields probably following too close on gravel roads.
Door dings, park away from the stores front door and walk some, good for you.
Black ice, not driving according to weather and road conditions.
Bad scratch? You taking two parking spots. Pissed off someone?
But I might be wrong.

My 2015 Passat no door dings, original windshield, no phuqued up rims. NO scratches!
Even my former 2002 Jetta same way, though sand etc caused the notoriously soft windshield to need replacing.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG

My thoughts are that the problems listed could and with your luck happen to any other car you may own. Good riddance ...well don't own a car and you will not have these issues. Best of luck in the future and ride public transportation.

joshuafail

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Damn, a goodbye post that I specifically mentioned wasn’t related to the vehicle, and 100% of the replies have been attacks... sure, it could happen to any vehicle, I don’t see where i said it wouldn’t. In fact, I specifically said it wasn’t the fault of the vehicle, rather what I believed to just be bad luck. Believe in luck or not, I don’t particularly care, but when someone does good to you, it deserved to be acknowledged. In this case, the TDI Club community was the good.

It was intended as a thank you to those who have helped with issues that have arisen, not a slam against the brand or the vehicle. Bad luck or not, the community here has been a major help and without support communities like this, motoring in today’s wold would be an entirely different reality.

But thanks for suggesting I’m inconsiderate enough to park like a d-bag and not know how to drive in inclimate weather conditions, despite knowing nothing about me or the circumstances surrounding any of the events. :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.