2014 Passat TDI SEL lift question

eodcoduto

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
This is only my first or second post on here, I can usually find the answers I need from the search function but now I have a modification question.

The Maryland/DC roads are beating the crap out of my car and I want to go with a taller tire and a 1"-2" lift on the car to help with the potholes and frost bumps.

So far I have seen the 1bb or bp shock option for the European market but a call to the VW dealer here says we can't get that in the U.S. So what would you all recommend? I have put 20K miles on the car in the last 12 months, so I drive the snot out of it so I can't afford to lose any function and again my goal is 1"-2" of lift and I will step up to a 10-20mm taller tire.

Thanks!

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I'm guessing your tires are a 40 or 45 sidewall. My first opportunity to get rid of the noisy OEM Hancook POS tires I had 235 x 55 x 18" tires installed which have a much better cushioning effect as well as about a 1/2" lift.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
im running the springs on my 2015 passat sel...it raises the rear a good inch..maybe 1.5

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
you could use tiguan springs but not sure how much it would raise it up.