VW Touran 1.9tdi BKC engine misfire

4everVW

TDI
VW Touran, Audi A6
Hi everyone, got a misfire problem I can't solve.

The car

VW Touran 1.9tdi 105hp. 2006. BKC engine.

I have misfire on cylinder one, the things I have done so far:

Changed the injector wiring loom (tighten the clips also)

Checked tandem pump, cleaning it and changed gasket.
Changed injector, (2) into (1) position, still misfire on cylinder 1.

Checked the lobes, not even worn.
Also the seat holes to the injectors are very clean with no damage to them.
Changed the fuel filter, slightly dark colour to it.

What is the next step I should do?

iluvmydiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
AHU
wasnt there a guy a few weeks ago he had one cylinder mis-firing, as it turned out he pulled his head to find some how he had a hole in a piston. i dont think we heard back from him what put the hole in the piston(was an injector if i recall).

compression test?

4everVW

TDI
VW Touran, Audi A6
The injector I pulled was not broken, but a hole in the piston could still be possible. The engine starts very easy, no problem to crank it. If I pull the oil cap, the compression is very strong in the engine.

Could a crank sensor make the engine run at 3 cylinders?

I just need some tips before I pull the head. Pulling the head is not a problem for me, just that I want to go through everything first.

4everVW

TDI
VW Touran, Audi A6
The injector I pulled was not broken, but a hole in the piston could still be possible. The engine starts very easy, no problem to crank it. If I pull the oil cap, the compression is very strong in the engine.

Could a crank sensor make the engine run at 3 cylinders?

I just need some tips before I pull the head. Pulling the head is not a problem for me, just that I want to go through everything first.

Took the cover off, to check the injectors again. Injector at nr 1 has some sharp edges to it, have anyone else seen this? The injector has wear on the sides above, and the higher O-rings are broken!

The O-rings are new, still they get damaged when inserting injector. Any tips guys?

New head??

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
I recall member Frank06 advising about a metal burr in the head that will damage the injector when installing it

4everVW

TDI
VW Touran, Audi A6
Late response.

The head is now off, clearly a broken piston, not cracked, but full of melted parts. Maybe from the oil gallery on the rocker wheels.