leaving TDI at the dealer the night before buyback

redblues

TDI
Audi A3, Mk6 Golf
Has anyone left their TDI at the dealer the day before buyback? I have a morning appointment and my TDI (and the dealer) are 100 miles away. I had planned to drive the TDI to the dealer and park it at their lot and catch a ride home with a friend, then drive my other car back to the dealer the next morning to finish off the buyback.

newyorktdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
After having problems with my buyback (mileage too high when I returned it) I had an arrangement to leave the car in the dealer the night before. Car was unregistered and had to borrow plates to drive it over and leave it there and put the plates back on the other car. Call ahead and ask them. I did this with Koeppel in Bayside, Queens.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
AS long as you coordinate it, it shouldn't be a problem. I would keep the insurance in effect though.

Yukon4Runner

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (buyback) 2015 Golf Sportwagen (buyback buy)
Are you looking for someone to affirm that in ALL cases EVERY VW dealer in America would be fine with this?

CALL THE DEALER!!

Costello

TDI
no longer
Due to my misunderstanding of my buyback appt. date, I did the same thing, but coordinated with the buyback representative. They said no problem.
Was a little nervous leaving it there for a whole week.

On buyback day, they had it pulled back around front.
Was a little sad leaving it for good.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Wow, if you live in Queens and/or Philly, the closest dealer is 100 miles away?

Squalo

TDI
2012 Golf TDI--gone but not forgotten!
I did that back in December. Coordinated with the GM who was happy to help.