How many others from 2/2-2/4 do not have loan paid off?

oregon_rider

TDI
NONE! :-)
It recently has come to our attention that payoffs to certain lenders for buybacks that were completed in February 2017 were not completed as intended. Most of those affected had buybacks completed between February 3rd and February 5th.
We are contacting you because the payoff of the loan associated with the vehicle 3VW, which you sold back to Volkswagen as part of the TDI Settlement program on 2/3/2017, was among the payoffs that were not completed as intended.
Payment in full to your lender will be made next week. Additionally, a letter will be provided to your lender confirming that the failure for payoff earlier is the full responsibility of Volkswagen Group of America.
You will be sent a copy of the payoff check and letter for your records to the mailing address associated with your claim, with our apologies for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused.
Thank you,
TDI Settlement Support
Volkswagen Group of America
I hope they come through for you - this time....

This is just another example of how dysfunctional VW is. It baffles me that they could do more damage to their "company goodwill" by their inept handling of the buyback. Unbelievable...

I am done with VW, buyback and payoff, and I hope you will be soon too.

Given all that has transpired - I would be a fool to ever have any desire to deal with them again....

Best of luck to you going forward.

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
I'm not holding my breath that they'll actually pay this week. I told the supervisor i've been dealing with that I'd call Wednesday for a tracking number, and if none by then, then I'll call Friday. She agreed that was reasonable.

This one particular supervisor has been at least semi helpful and compassionate that this issue is FUBAR so has told me to call within her working hours and I can ask for her directly to speak for updates. It's a step up from "go F yourself" basically from VW corporate.

I have no desire to ever deal with VW again in any sort of capacity. Considering getting my husband a new car next year just so we don't own /any/ VW vehicles at that point. (He has a CC)

rennocneb

TDI
2014 Passat, 2014 Jetta
i liked my VW vehicles and would consider them or an audi for my current needs but, NEVER AGAIN. They lost a customer for life in me.

JettaJedi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GL 5 spd, 2003 Jetta TDI GL 4dr 5 spd, 2017 Golf TSI Wolfsburg Edition
So is this a plausible scenario If someone did not care regarding their own credit rating ?

VW does not pay off loan. Owner stops making payments.
Lender tries to reposses vehicle but it is not at owner's premises.
Owner informs lender (or repo co.) of the current vehicle location (dealer address and current location of vehicle - assuming it has not left on truck yet...)
Lender repossesses vehicle successfully from dealer storage lot.
What happens then, LOL ? (no! we're not going to try this, just to be clear).

Last edited:

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
47 days later, my account shows a 0 balance :) It was paid in full per my payoff contract with VW, so the overage will roll over to my checking in a couple days with my bank.

Small molehill to deal with getting the interest charges back from VW, but if it never gets paid, then i guess i'll eat that 100 bucks.

JettaJedi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GL 5 spd, 2003 Jetta TDI GL 4dr 5 spd, 2017 Golf TSI Wolfsburg Edition
47 days later, my account shows a 0 balance :) It was paid in full per my payoff contract with VW, so the overage will roll over to my checking in a couple days with my bank.

Small molehill to deal with getting the interest charges back from VW, but if it never gets paid, then i guess i'll eat that 100 bucks.
Great to hear! Glad your ordeal is over.
We finally got the famous "apology" email yesterday, but no payoff yet.
Did you have the bank calculate the interest from the buyback date or calculate yourself ?

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
Great to hear! Glad your ordeal is over.
We finally got the famous "apology" email yesterday, but no payoff yet.
Did you have the bank calculate the interest from the buyback date or calculate yourself ?
Whenever a payment is made, it shows on my account how much was to principal and how much was interest, so makes it pretty easy.