BOSCH and up-date from HMG (CAS) Attorney

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Dear Client,

Thank you for taking time to review this message. The judge overseeing the Volkswagen class action in California has entered preliminary approval of the Bosch class action settlement. His preliminary approval order can be reviewed here.

You may also receive a “long form” notice in email or mail from Bosch/VW that will provide great detail about the process. Please review this notice carefully.

If you participated in the 2.0-liter class action settlement and successfully completed the registration process at vwcourtsettlement.com or 844-98-CLAIM, you do not have to do anything to receive your settlement check in the Bosch class action settlement. If you are unsure whether you completed the registration process, please call 844-98-CLAIM to find out.

If you opted out of the 2.0-liter settlement, if you did not register as an eligible seller by September 16, 2016, or if you were other ineligible for the 2.0-liter settlement, you must register at boschvwsettlement.com. If you opt out of the 3.0-liter settlement or do not timely identify as a former owner in the 3.0-liter settlement, you also must register for the Bosch settlement at boschvwsettlement.com.

Here are some important deadlines:

April 14, 2017 – the Opt Out deadline for the Bosch settlement. If you want to reject the Bosch settlement, you must do so by April 14, 2017. You must follow an established process, and we will provide more information about that process soon.

May 1, 2017 – if you are an eligible seller of either a 2.0- or 3.0-liter car, who did not timely identify yourself in the VW settlements, you must register for the Bosch settlement by May 1, 2017. You will register via boschvwsettlement.com.

August 15, 2017 – if you opted out of the 2.0-liter settlement, or if you opt out of the 3.0-liter settlement, you must register with the Bosch settlement by August 15, 2017. You will register via boschvwsettlement.com.

May 11, 2017 – the judge will likely enter final approval of the Bosch settlement on May 11, 2017 when he holds his final approval hearing.

The distribution of the settlement funds can be found in this screenshot of the judge’s preliminary approval order. No attorney’s fees will be deducted from the settlement amount.

Please visit boschvwsettlement.com and vwcourtsettlement.com, or call 844-98-CLAIM for answers to commonly asked questions. We are also available to answer your questions through vwrecall@hmglawfirm.com

Thank you again for this opportunity to serve you!

Sincerely,

Hilliard Munoz Gonzales, LLP BO

ss~zoso~ss

Veteran Member
TDI
2010-Jetta-TDI-DSG-Salsa Red
so it seems if we've registered with the VW court settlement website, we're already entered into this as well?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
boschvwsettlement.com says no need to re-register.

visortgw

Veteran Member
TDI
None: 2012 JSW with Sunroof (traded pre-scandal); 2014 JSW with Sunroof/Nav (early lease termination 12/17/2016)
Maybe the costs of the vehicle since aren't the 3.0 a lot more expensive??
Definitely not more than four times the cost (or six times for lessees!)! :confused: :mad: :eek:

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Bosch might have been more involved in the 3.0 cheating while the 2.0 was mostly Volkswagen. Without going to trial we may never know.

dopechess

TDI
2013 A3
hmm.. so when should we expect this settlement $$? like 2018? i don't see any dates for the payout

CHawk

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 4D DSG (gone buyback)
Bosch might have been more involved in the 3.0 cheating while the 2.0 was mostly Volkswagen. Without going to trial we may never know.
I'm guessing you're correct, but also is a function of vehicle value. From the settlement:

The Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) is an independent government agency whose mission is to prevent business practices that are anticompetitive, or deceptive or unfair to consumers. Acting as an independent third party to the litigation between Class Counsel and Bosch, the Commission’s counsel met with Bosch and directed an allocation of the Bosch Settlement fund among members of the Bosch Settlement Class that Commission counsel would recommend that the Commission accept. The FTC required that the parties accept its allocation, so the Settlement depended upon the parties accepting the FTC’s determination. Bosch tendered a final offer consistent with this allocation and Class Counsel accepted that allocation.
• Persons eligible to participate in the 2.0-liter Class Action Settlement will receive a total of $163,267,450, to be shared among 2.0-liter Class Members as set forth below.
• Persons eligible to participate in the 3.0-liter Class Action Settlement will receive a total of $113,264,400, to be shared among 3.0-liter Class Members as set forth below.

Of course, since there are many fewer 3.0-liter vehicles, the per vehicle payout is substantially higher.

I find it interesting that the FTC made the determination. It's apparently not related to the environment.

6DOF

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Jetta 6MT Premium, 2012 TDI Jetta DSG Premium
Wow these cars just keep paying out! First the gift cards and dealer cards, then the buybacks, and now the Bosch settlement. These cars are like ATM's or broken slot machines that keep paying out. What's next?

CHawk

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 4D DSG (gone buyback)
Wow these cars just keep paying out! First the gift cards and dealer cards, then the buybacks, and now the Bosch settlement. These cars are like ATM's or broken slot machines that keep paying out. What's next?
Takata airbags. Since these potentially lethal airbags will not be repaired on buyback vehicles, aren't we entitled to some sort of compensation because Takata was able to delay the fix while our vehicles were in limbo and then during the 2-year buyback period?

Somebody's gotta work on this!

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
-gift card
-buyback for more than I paid
-restitution
-Bosch
-and if you believe gearheadgirl (I don't) we Minnesotans will be getting a check from the state.

It's snowing VW dollar bills here in the frozen north!!

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
Call your attorney general's office. It was in the news recently that Minnesota sued Volkswagen for $40 million I believe, and one poster here said our attorney general wanted that money to go back to owners. I never saw that part quoted anywhere though. I will have to see it to believe it. My guess is $40 million will end up in state coffers. If they get it in one dollar bills, if it might be enough to fill the potholes in St. Paul!

monkfarm

TDI
06 bug TDI, 2012 Jetta Sportwagon TDI bought back, 2017 Subaru XT; 2015 F150 Lariat with ecoboost 3.5, 99 Dodge Cummins 1 ton flatbed
The Lawyers have the 3.0s. That's why they are receiving more. . .

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
If you put on bald tires for the turn in of your car, and slid off the road as a result, you should get an extra payment because VW's settlement terms forced you to strip the good tires off your car and replace them with junk yard baldies.

fan of fanboys

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sedan
hmm.. so when should we expect this settlement $$? like 2018? i don't see any dates for the payout

wondering this too

It does say "The distribution of the settlement funds can be found in this screenshot of the judge’s preliminary approval order. " but that screenshot or the info was not included

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
Then I have no idea how they came up with this.
So are you getting 350 and or the 1500 per each of the vehicles you owned I guess right. You're doing pretty good in this
I think that maybe Bosch had to rework the 2.0 cheat in order for it to work on the 3.0. Maybe this is the price that they have to pay for doubling down on the cheat...Mark

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I also bought their stock at 40 and sold at 50 and change a few months before the dieselgate became public. So made a nice chunk of change there Back in at 30 dollars. VW has been very good to me. Hopefully once they stop report charges for this on their yearly reports their stock will shoot back up again.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Now I wonder when we'll be able to register for the Bosch settlement. That is, for those of us who opted out of the VW settlement/buyback (I'm probably part of a small minority, but I know for a fact there are others like me). I checked www.boschvwsettlement.com and it appears both online and paper claim submissions are not operable right now.

I'm thinking $350 will pay for an intercooler upgrade. :)

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Approval hearing for the Bosch settlement is 11 May, just like the 3-liter settlement, so I'd suspect not long after that.

Rather Be Biking

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW Manual
My 09 started with a $1200 tax credit

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
My 09 started with a $1200 tax credit
Point well taken. (Not so with the 2013 in my garage)

Still - as the OP would seem to indicate - the two cards, the buyback (generous IMHO) amount plus this pending BOSCH settlement $$$ seem rather positive to
this sailor.

ez

billmn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW stock:Totaled 2000 black Golf gls 315K : retired
-gift card
-buyback for more than I paid
-restitution
-Bosch
-and if you believe gearheadgirl (I don't) we Minnesotans will be getting a check from the state.

It's snowing VW dollar bills here in the frozen north!!
I have a good friend who's partner is one of the attorney Generals lawyers... YES they are working on getting money for MN TDI owners... My friends has been very tight lipped but has confirmed that the AG is working on it. Apparently MN got paid as much or more than a lot of TDI Owners and they are trying to make it right, especially for people that kind of got the shaft.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
I'm hearing similar, talked to the AG recently and put in a pitch for using the state share to compensate owners and told her of the problems we're having with slow payment from VW, etc. She seemed receptive, but it appears that another state agency, the Pollution Control Agency (PCA) thinks the money should be theirs to spend on their environmentalist wish list.