New 2015 Golf TDI Sportwagen

TDIPro

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagen
anyone driving the new Golf TDI Sportwagen? I have had mine for week now averaging about 55MPG. :)

TDI
white 06 tdi jetta pkg 2 w/dvd navigation 17" wheels, siruis sat radio, spoiler
Just got our 2015 golf sport wagon today! So I'll keep you posted on our mileage Hope it does as well as my 06 TDI Jetta! I'm just not happy about the blue fluid you have to add to theses new TDI's!

David B

TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagen SEL TDI
I've owned a 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL DSG for one year now.
I love it & its acceleration & torque but as I live in LA & traffic is appalling I'm only getting around 20mpg city.
Joined a few groups on FB but just seem to get sarcasm & criticism regarding my car.
The tank is empty after around 250, the car just had a service & runs well so I don't believe there is anything wrong with it as this would of been pointed out during the service.
Is this the new norm post 'fix' for VW diesels in heavy traffic?
When i mentioned this to VW they gave my a form to keep track of mileage at fill ups so they can see for themselves. I have to log mileage & keep receipts for three fill ups & then show them the evidence.
Who knows whether this is normal or it needs 'tuning'?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
You bought the wrong car for heavy traffic in city. These are open road cars and that is where they excel, not sitting in bumber to bumber traffic all day. Even the older cars got less economy in your kind of traffic and driving. The problem is not the car. This is also a 4 or 5 year old thread. Welcome to tdiclub! Ignore what the naysayers have to say about these cars. They are still one of the cleanest out there despite dieselgate.

David B

TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagen SEL TDI
anyone driving the new Golf TDI Sportwagen? I have had mine for week now averaging about 55MPG. :)
Ive had my Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL DSG for a year now & only get around 20mpg city & tank is empty after 250 miles. This is all heavy city traffic in Los Angeles

vwexpress

TDI
2015 Golf Sport Wagon
I’ll chime in, new to me 2015 GSW tdi dsg. Carry a bunch of tools, even added a roof rack, have put a little over 2 thousand miles on it in 3 weeks, was getting a tad over 40 mpg hand calculated, roof rack to new for comparison, but looks like I’m at about 37 ish. Still miles ahead of the truck, at 12 mpg, it still pays for itself. I like this thing a lot.

ranger pete

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Yeah, you’d have been better off with a Prius.

Right took for the right job and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Another agreeing about some other car would have been better suited to LA city traffic. TDI's excel ON THE OPEN ROAD AT HIGHWAY SPEED. They're pretty mediocre in the kind of traffic David B is talking about.

Take it on a round trip to San Diego or Las Vegas at speeds from 55 - 70 MPH and you should indeed see closer to 40 MPG. As it is - you should take it out for a real run every weekend just to blow out the carbon (aka "Italian Tuneup").

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Ive had my Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL DSG for a year now & only get around 20mpg city & tank is empty after 250 miles. This is all heavy city traffic in Los Angeles
Even in LA traffic you should be doing better. I'd expect closer to 30 MPG, worst case. It's possible that your DPF is on its way out and your car is doing more frequent regens to keep the pressure differential at bay. That will consume fuel. I'd take it back to the dealer for a diagnosis. The DPF is part of the emissions warranty.