Looking for a Malone tuner around the tri state area! NJ/NY/PA/CT

mikeymike214

Veteran Member
Belleville, NJ for now plan on moving next year.
TDI
2012 Candy White Passat TDI SEL
Anybody know of people?? Already have a Rocketchip stage 1 tune but he doesn't do dsg tunes. I'm in North Jersey and my state doesn't have one but I'm currently waiting patiently on diesel dubs in PA who I wanna go to but very hold to get a hold off. so far only talked to him once and tried to contact him in every way possible so I want more options in case that doesn't go through.

Last edited:

mikeymike214

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a rc1 for my passat. I want a dsg tune for a better transmission flow (don't like the current dsg stock feel) I'm returning it to stock cause Jeff doesn't do dsg tune. I'm trying to get a Malone dsg along with a stage to a 1.5 or stage 2. Malone tuners are difficult to find around the tri state it's why I posted asking for help.

Last edited:

mikeymike214

Veteran Member
TDI
Mike Hevner in Montague NJ is a Malone dealer I believe. He's in the vendor section (hevster?) http://www.mmautocycle.com
spoke to him already and he doesn't do the newer CR TDI's (i have a 2012 passat). he said he has to get the kit its 5000. hes still debating wether to get it or not and i dont wanna keep calling him asking him if he's gonna get it or not.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
http://malonetuning.com/dealers

Looks like Innovative Diesel is close to you. They have a great reputation for truck diesel tuning... I was unaware that they did TDIs until I checked Malone's dealer locator. :cool:

Strike that - after finding Belleville, NJ, Innovative Diesel quite a ways from you.

Last edited:

mikeymike214

Veteran Member
TDI
I do currently have the DSG tuner on loan from Mark.
really???!! well i have a rocketchip stage 1 can you mix the dsg tune with it ? i was just going to return the car to stock because god forbid something goes wrong i would have to take that long trip to PA to get put back to stock. its why i rather just get a ecu tune/ dsg combo from malone tuning so everything is together and i can go to one place. and i called you a couple of times and you said your still debating on the tuning from malone. im going back to PA on the 30th im taking off from work. can you please let me know if u plan on getting the ecu tune from malone ? maybe i can head to you that same day and get that combo tune done by you.

Last edited:

mikeymike214

Veteran Member
TDI
http://malonetuning.com/dealers

Looks like Innovative Diesel is close to you. They have a great reputation for truck diesel tuning... I was unaware that they did TDIs until I checked Malone's dealer locator. :cool:

Strike that - after finding Belleville, NJ, Innovative Diesel quite a ways from you.
just finished doing its pretty funny you mention that lol i just messaged innovative diesel and waiting to see what they say. was originally trying to go m&m auto cycle in nj but they are still debating on getting the malone ecu tune but they do have the dsg. then i was thinking diesel dubs in PA but their super hard to get in touch with. so im going to call 413 auto in mass. and see what they say tomorrow.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
While it would be nice to have both the engine and DSG tune done by the same company, I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker for me.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
@mikeymike214
no problem tuning your dsg. Been doing these longer that any other tuners.
I just don't recommend doing the dsg upgrade for stage 1 tunes, you won't realize any power or economy increases / benefits, unless you are stage 2 tuned.
However, if there is a oem firmware upgrade that is needed, you may notice improved driving behavior. Tuners could easily offer free firmware upgrade, and I have done many of these firmware upgrades as well.
Jeff ;-))

Last edited:

mikeymike214

Veteran Member
TDI
@mikeymike214
no problem tuning your dsg. Been doing these longer that any other tuners.
I just don't recommend doing the dsg upgrade for stage 1 tunes, you won't realize any power or economy increases / benefits, unless you are stage 2 tuned.
However, if there is a oem firmware upgrade that is needed, you may notice improved driving behavior. Tuners could easily offer free firmware upgrade, and I have done many of these firmware upgrades as well.
Jeff ;-))
jeff im going to shoot a text and see if we can schedule something. the 30th is on a monday but they changed my working days so now i have saturday and sunday off =/

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
jeff im going to shoot a text and see if we can schedule something. the 30th is on a monday but they changed my working days so now i have saturday and sunday off =/
I am planning on coming to NJ for a tuning gtg w/BMW diesel guys in the near future. I'll let you know what day it is, but probably a week-day, but I'll try to plan a weekend instead for you.

Jeff

mikeymike214

Veteran Member
TDI
I am planning on coming to NJ for a tuning gtg w/BMW diesel guys in the near future. I'll let you know what day it is, but probably a week-day, but I'll try to plan a weekend instead for you.

Jeff
ok just texted you a few questions let me know what weekend you we can get this done! asap would be great :D

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
really???!! well i have a rocketchip stage 1 can you mix the dsg tune with it ? i was just going to return the car to stock because god forbid something goes wrong i would have to take that long trip to PA to get put back to stock. its why i rather just get a ecu tune/ dsg combo from malone tuning so everything is together and i can go to one place. and i called you a couple of times and you said your still debating on the tuning from malone. im going back to PA on the 30th im taking off from work. can you please let me know if u plan on getting the ecu tune from malone ? maybe i can head to you that same day and get that combo tune done by you.
At this point I am not going to get it till after the new year if at all. The DSG tuner will be on it's way back to Mark on Thursday most likely.