Injector calibration?

Jonamond

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Not to familiar with all the terms such as pop testing, calibrating or balancing.... I got 250k on mine with r520 nozzle and never calibrated. Is there anyone local who can calibrate the nozzles/ injectors for me? Is their specific pressure spec for the r520 nozzles?

Thanks

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Talk to Giles at Performance Diesel Injection. His shop is in the Dennison and Woodbine area in Markham.

MrVermin

MoldovaDIZEL

Vendor
TDI
mk4 TDI, 98 Cabrio AAZ
yea Giles does them Jon. You can even request what pressures you want and he will shim them accordingly.

for a big nozzle like that i think he said 50 or 60$ per injector

drivebiwire or frank06 are cheaper 110-120 i saw but they only do new nozzles.

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I have a set to get calibrated/cleaned as well. You're in Burlington, give me a PM sometime and let me know when you plan on going or maybe I can make the trip and save one of us a few hours.

Aaron

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
I was going to send a set off to Drivebywire, we did a group buy a couple years ago, and everyone seemed to be quite pleased

my set have 360 on them and i have new nozzles to put in, should get them all cleaned up nicely

MoldovaDIZEL

Vendor
TDI
mk4 TDI, 98 Cabrio AAZ
calibration is not just for power purposes, it to make sure one cylinder is not running way leaner than another and so on...thus its more like having piece of mind you engine wont blow to pieces when pushing lots of fueling.

the majority of tdi's alh's by now could use a calibration and shimming as the pressures drop from millage, i know my 2nd injector is poping at 185 but it should be at 210, not a good thing specially when pushing lots of fuel .

Giles is the man, but the waiting times are nuts,i seen him do a set of snowmobile injectors, it takes a long time!

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I don't think I've ever seen a engine blow to pieces because of injectors not being calibrated. I hope you guys get your moneys worth :)

Last edited:

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I don't think I've ever seen a engine blow to pieces because of injectors not being calibrated. I hope you guys get your moneys worth :)
I thought there were quite a few cases of incorrect spray pattern resulting in
holes in pistons. During calibration/testing would they not notice/correct this?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I know the Stage II R520's melted a few pistons because of their odd spray pattern, but I never thought it was a regular occurrence.

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I know the Stage II R520's melted a few pistons because of their odd spray pattern, but I never thought it was a regular occurrence.
Well, for me - my mileage has slowly dropped over the last year or so. Am now getting 900km on a tank now instead of 1100. Am hoping this solves it.