God damn liftpump.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Dead, of course it happened when I was on my way home from Tim Hortons this morning, so I had a nice walk to finish the trip, lol.

Anyone have a spare laying around they want to get rid of? Car is currently about 3 blocks away from the house with the 4 ways on. I gotta get CAA here with a flatbed to get the poor girl home.

orignl

TDI
2006 golf tdi
Dunno if this helps....
I just replaced my original, dead, 2006 O/E lift pump.
Car still ran although the lift pump was dead.
You can borrow this one till you get a working replacement.
I'll need it back as I'm going to replace the lift pump motor and save as a spare.
Let me know.
Dave

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Thanks for the offer Dave but I really want a working pump I can drop in and not worry about (For the time being)

strikeraj

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDI.... FINALLY
i got my replacement from mike@defendertech (tdiwagonguy?)
he is top notch in his service and very fast shipment if he has it in stock (he actually delivered the pump to my house himself)

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I got a hold of Mike, should be going down there for a replacement (This is actually a replacement from him as well)..

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
that's why i just replace the pump itself but not the whole plastic box
that way even if the pump fails I can still drive
Yup, if replacement pumps were available when I had the original liftpump I would have done the same. You can't swap pumps on the replacement liftpumps unfortunately.

Car is back up and running, I like jobs that take 5 mins (Lucky for me there was less then a 1/4 tank of diesel left, didn't spill a drop!)

Actually....what's a good price?

Talk to Mike @ http://www.defender-tech.com/ for replacement pumps.

dlb

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Reflex Silver Golf
Yup, if replacement pumps were available when I had the original liftpump I would have done the same. You can't swap pumps on the replacement liftpumps unfortunately.

Car is back up and running, I like jobs that take 5 mins (Lucky for me there was less then a 1/4 tank of diesel left, didn't spill a drop!)

Talk to Mike @ http://www.defender-tech.com/ for replacement pumps.

How long did your pump from Mike last ?? I heard they are noiser than the OE pump ??

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I haven't changed mine yet and I have 240k. Should I be looking out into changing this soon?
I'd probably have a spare on hand, my original lasted well over 300k. No need to change it before it dies however, you might get lucky and never have to replace it.

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon; 2010 Golf Wagon
I no longer have my pd but mine died last Christmas.... Family in car in the middle of a blizzard (Christmas tree on top of the car). Thankfully we weren't far from a parking lot and a friend was available to pick us up. It was a cold day ;)

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I noticed that my defender-tech lift pump was noisy also.It works so I don't care.I installed it on my ALH car so I didn't know how much noise was normal.
Yeah, I don't worry about the noise either.. It works, it's cheap and that's all that matters.

rangeroad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 GLS Jetta Wagon (5-speed) Malone 1.5 w/ EGR delete
Went to check mine today....and nada. Voltage checks out fine. Original pump with 212k. So, I should be able to just replace the pump motor since its original?

Wagon starts and runs fine. Ever so slight hesitation re-starting after engine is warm. Cold mornings fires right up.

rangeroad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 GLS Jetta Wagon (5-speed) Malone 1.5 w/ EGR delete
Placed my order on the website Saturday. Went to reply to confirmation email just now for a tracking number and the email bounced. Hopped on his website and its down....anyone have a business number for Mike?