MN Chat Thread

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
astrolumen said:
You have a pretty sweet set up there. What were you up to in the engine compartment in that picture with the hood off and the wheels all blocked up? TB? Head repair?

Good luck with the wheel-sale. I just got my steelies on for winter with brand new Blizzak Revos. So far so good. Real good.
It was a head repair. I bought the car last year, used and no idea what previous life it led. Camshaft was all galled up and seized up on me, crashing pistons into the valves. Before I knew better, I had an import place in Minneapolis do the head work. Long story short, 80 miles later the cam snapped in two. So the head came off again and I got the car running again this summer with a head from Franko6. All is well again. :cool:

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
Contrary to news reports, I found out today that Denny Hecker VW in Inver Grove Heights, which was reported to have been sold, instead has been closed since November 21.

Since I had stopped there to pick up a couple needed parts on my way to taking care of something at the Mall of America, I decided to continue on and ended up going down to Burnsville VW for the parts.

Last edited:

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
So I'm driving the Micky D's parking lot this AM, and I notice a raised Bug, very unusual I says to myself. then I notice LED tails, then a TDI label, then TDI club plates.

Hi TDICADGUY

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
greengeeker said:
So were you at eye level (in the PSD) or were you looking up at him (in the wagon)?:D
More then likely looking up at him.:D I wonder if any of you MN tdi members ever spotted me driving in MN before. Everytime i'm in MN I would pass atleast one or two tdi's on road, some of them looks like forum members cuz all the common toys they have on their cars.

Kind sad that nobody from forum spotters me when I'm in neighborhood.:( I guess maybe my TDi is inviseable to other club members.....:rolleyes:

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
I was behind/next to him, it was a double drive through, I yelled TDIClub rules at the pay window, but I don't think he head me.

I have my wagon seat jacked way up.

Losha, what are the comman toys? I've seen a few "special" VW's but they are few and far between, that's why the raised Bug, raised my eyebrows.

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Come on now its not THAT high. :rolleyes: I'm apparently deaf and blind because I didn't notice you...but then again I wasn't fully conscious as I didn't have my caffeine fix yet.

The lift is definitely turning some heads, have had a few other vdubbers chase me down for a better look or to ask a question. A tad annoying actually for this quiet swede. TDI owners are fine though. :cool:

The black LED tails are getting ditched soon. I found some red ones for cheap on fleabay.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
greengeeker said:
how can you miss the blue bumper?

I'm always on the lookout checking every car that passes me.
The thing is my bumper is no longer blue anymore not since april. Its all white with black mirrors. Maybe that R32 front end look turns people away from looking at my TDi.:D

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
Spamjohnson said:
Losha, what are the comman toys? I've seen a few "special" VW's but they are few and far between, that's why the raised Bug, raised my eyebrows.
Well here are some very common toys or upgrades that mostly you see on TDICLUB members.

Skidplate, 1-2" lift kit, ski/roof rack, towing hinge, sooter rear bumper (most have PP520, RC, VNT-17< ), different types of bio/diesel stickers or emblems, most of them have stock 15'' wheels. If you look at GTI's or Jetta 1.8T those guys have like 17" wheels, lowered, body kits, rear spoiler & etc.

Also most tdiclub members drive slower (want to be in 800-900miles club), of course some like myself drive our TDI's like stolen.:p

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Losha, I like the soot rear bumper, trust me, if I see an R32 front bumper, I'll notice, Blue or White, my TDIclub is too subtle just under the TDI emblem of my car.

Stay warm folks,

Sam

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
Spamjohnson said:
Losha, I like the soot rear bumper, trust me, if I see an R32 front bumper, I'll notice, Blue or White, my TDIclub is too subtle just under the TDI emblem of my car.

Stay warm folks,

Sam
Its all white now, with avus wheels and lowered by 1''. My tdi used to be all color full, silver hood, blue bumper & black fenders very noticeable, but not anymore. So if you see white 4 door Golf TDI with one SD license plate passed you, remember its me.;) My bumper doesn't get a soot other then dust dirt, but whoever is driving behind me when I'm at WOT then they do......:D

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
Steve-o said:
Alex, I think I'd recognize your car faster by sound than sight. But that R32 grille would confirm it was you. :D
Thats so true, its actually little bit quiter I would say then before. I put resonator tip at end so not it some what sounds like rice burner.:p Hey, wait till when I get 2.5 straight exhaust put in someday next, then you really will notice me on road.:D

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
pod's was impressively loud with the stock turbo and 2.5 straight exhaust. I'd love to hear it with the 17/22.

Happy Holidays everyone. Drive safe.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
greengeeker said:
pod's was impressively loud with the stock turbo and 2.5 straight exhaust. I'd love to hear it with the 17/22.

Happy Holidays everyone. Drive safe.
it's pretty sweet :D especially with the revised tune.... bwahahahhahaa.... :p

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Heard this joke again yesterday, hadn't heard it in awhile so I figured I'd share. Merry Christmas everyone.

Sven and Ole worked together and both were laid off, so off they went to the Unemployment office. Asked his occupation, Ole said, "Panty Stitcher; I sew the elastic into cotton panties." The clerk looked up panty stitcher. Finding it classified as unskilled labor, she gave him $300 a week unemployment pay. Sven was asked his occupation. "Diesel Fitter," he replied. Since Diesel Fitter was a skilled job, the clerk gave Sven $600 a week. When Ole found out, he was furious. He stormed back into the Unemployment office to find out why his friend and co-worker was collecting double his pay. The clerk explained that Panty Stitchers were unskilled, and Diesel Fitters were skilled labor. "What skill?" yelled Ole. "I sew the elastic on the panties! Sven just pulls them on over his head and says, 'Yah, diesel fitter'."

Gotta love those Sven and Ole jokes. Simple yet funny.

Last edited:

MNmiser

TDI
'01 Jetta
Greengeeker and myself decided to host a GTG on Jan 17th at my place. Same deal as the last few times. This is not one of our service days just a club gtg. Bring your parts and run point on your own repairs. Shop opens at 8:00am. hoist, vagcom and misc stuff like jacks, stands and ramps are available. We should be able to get 3-4 cars inside at once.

PM to RSVP and for directions and let me know what repair so we can start a schedule for the day.

Should be good to reconnect with folks and as always a great learning experience for everyone. - Mnmiser.

Attendees:
Brucetmoose-tweak skid plate
Spamjohnson-rear wiper install
Farmboy-
Greengeeker-Shocks Struts
MNmiser-Oil change and adjust steering rack, Daytime runninglight MOD
MPLSTDI- Brake Flush
99tdivw- Trans fluid, Glow plug,Wiring harness
sikshrik- Golf Smoke issues

Last edited:

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Not sure if I'll be able to attend, I had CRS moment and forgot that my wife is scheduled to have surgery the 14th. If I do show up it will be social only.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
just tossing this out there. been trying to get rid of this for a while, but since installing my euro hitch a couple years ago i have my rear jetta (impact) bumper just lying around, in perfection condition... if any you guys ever need to replace one...

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
w00T cape cod!

tango_28 said:
Hey burpod,

Are you living Mn these days?
no, moved (back) to cape cod, mass - not quite as cold here :p the ocean is about a 4 minute walk from my winter rental house. which we moved into early oct and have until june, and then either buying a house or finding another rental until we have $$ saved up...

cochranecustoms

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 VW Beetle TDI
Bummer! I cant make it to the gtg, I will be in the Bahamas. Sure would like to do some catching up though. Have a good one!