Webasto Install Kit

shewch

Veteran Member
TDI
GLS, 2003, Platinum
Hello all, I have had a Webasto TSL17 installed in my jetta for about 5 years now. I have always wanted a Telestart but could never find out for sure how it hooks up to the heater. Can anyone describe or provide me with a wiring diagram as to how it hooks to the heater?

Thanks

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I got the T100 Telestart kit from Germany. I have the oval timer as well, so all I had to do was unplug the small square harness from the oval timer, and connect the telestart harness between the oval timer and the telestart module. Attached the module under the dash.

I ran the antenna along the edge of the windshield.

I like the T100 since it gives me confirmation on the little screen that the command was received by the heater.

duncgee

shewch.

I will be glad to try to help you. Your photo from way back in 2005 helped to show me how to position the Webasto when I did the install. So thank you for that.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=98739

You said in that thread the TSL 17 is the Heavy Truck model. I expect it will have a higher capacity burner and pump. Assuming the wiring layout is similar to the Thermo-top C the following may help.

I think everything in my manual is in this pdf
http://techwebasto.com/heater_main/t...hop/63378A.pdf
The wiring diagram on page 702 is what you asked for. From memory the wire marked (75) 15 at the top left is the heater wire.

From my post #20 earlier on this thread in which we are posting. I think this describes what you want to do.

duncgee said:
Webasto red and black heavy wires in one wrapping. - Between fuse 25 and the heater fan. (Red to heater fuse and black going to heater switch)
I cut the existing wire going to the heater fuse (fuse 25. The wire color is black with light blue tracer) and joined the red to the fuse side of the cut wire and the black wire to the other end of the cut wire.

There was not much spare wire between the fuse and the wrapping of the harness and because of this I had a failed connection. If doing another one I would pull the wire from the terminal behind the fuse and connect the black Webasto wire to this end. I would then fit a new length of wire going from fuse 25 to the red Webasto wire.

Probably a different type of terminal is needed to fit the fuse and stay in the car fuse block.
HTH
duncgee