200 bhp from a 1.6tdi? That's the plan

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
I like to offer free dyno's if the car makes what power you think it will, you choose the number! haha

Drop us an email in a few weeks, too much to do here until then!

DarrellGB

TDI
Skoda Yeti 1.6tdi
I like to offer free dyno's if the car makes what power you think it will, you choose the number! haha

Drop us an email in a few weeks, too much to do here until then!
Haha, I feel a wager coming on, be good to see the new premises too :)

Anything 205bhp and over and your buying then ;)

Last edited:

DarrellGB

TDI
Skoda Yeti 1.6tdi
Anthony at ADE Tuning is happy with how the car is running, as am I, it doesn't feel stressed at all. The turbo is built to run up to 2.6bar and is currently running at 2.0.

This means there may be scope for even more, need to let the car run a while first and see if we come across any issues.

Heres a short write up on the ADE Tuning website - http://adetuning.co.uk/customer-comments/ade-tuning-customer-cars/skoda-yeti/

cyborg007

TDI
Seat Leon 1.6TDI
We are running at 2.0bar of boost but the turbo is easily good for 2.5bar.
Now I'm mad and happy at same time, how's that? :mad::D
I'll have to spend some € to get few more HP!
S3 cooler coming as we speak...
The intake is too expensive :p

P.S: I just read your topic on briskoda, you were running 1.8b on your stock turbo? O_O (GTC1244VZ?)
I find it very hard to believe mate, that must have been a mistake. I was running 1.5b to get 148hp and I believe that was already pushing it too much. Maybe you were running 1.8b with Shark Performance map, but with the bigger turbo.

Last edited:

DarrellGB

TDI
Skoda Yeti 1.6tdi
Well I've had the finished product for a couple of days now and instead of typing up a review I thought id do something different.

So here is my video review, i thought the Yeti actually driving may work better, on the other hand it may be a total flop!!! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnTAWKyu9oY

DarrellGB

TDI
Skoda Yeti 1.6tdi
Now I'm mad and happy at same time, how's that? :mad::D
I'll have to spend some € to get few more HP!
S3 cooler coming as we speak...
The intake is too expensive :p

P.S: I just read your topic on briskoda, you were running 1.8b on your stock turbo? O_O (GTC1244VZ?)
I find it very hard to believe mate, that must have been a mistake. I was running 1.5b to get 148hp and I believe that was already pushing it too much. Maybe you were running 1.8b with Shark Performance map, but with the bigger turbo.
My bad, you are right, it was 1.8bar on the bigger turbo, 1.5bar on the standard ;)

cyborg007

TDI
Seat Leon 1.6TDI
What did you think to the video then? ;)
You could've made the video in a sunny day. Roads were wet and couldnt really "feel" the true power of your car! The last part of the video, you have white font on a white background, it's too hard to read.
Care to share what kind of EGTs you are getting? WOT from 3 to 5th gear.
I'm looking forward to see the dyno from DarkSide Developments. :D

DarrellGB

TDI
Skoda Yeti 1.6tdi
You could've made the video in a sunny day. Roads were wet and couldnt really "feel" the true power of your car! The last part of the video, you have white font on a white background, it's too hard to read.
Care to share what kind of EGTs you are getting? WOT from 3 to 5th gear.
I'm looking forward to see the dyno from DarkSide Developments. :D
DarkSide have a lot of building work on so I'm taking it to another local tuner with the same RR as DarkSide. ADE Tunings dyno has a reputation for accuracy but when compared it tends to read 5%lower than others. So the numbers will probably show a little higher on another Dyno but it's the ADE Tuning numbers I'm confident in promoting ;)

cyborg007

TDI
Seat Leon 1.6TDI
Humm I hope you're right, but ATE dyno test is like 6s so your EGTs dont go high enough to cause hp lost. Probably when you test it in another dyno (like MAHA, BAPRO, etc) you'll get much lower results, because to run 2.1b of boost the EGTs will be really high. Have you made any logs while driving?

Enviado do meu SM-N910F através de Tapatalk

mgbiker

TDI
Seat Leon Cupra 1.9 TDI 300hp, FWD, 1/4 mile 13.42s @ 170km/h
Anthony at ADE Tuning is happy with how the car is running, as am I, it doesn't feel stressed at all. The turbo is built to run up to 2.6bar and is currently running at 2.0.

Are you sure about 2.6 bar boost on GT1549VZ?
It depends if it is with atmospheric pressure or without.
The 2.6bar (without atm.p.) is a boost for much bigger turbos like GT2260xxxx..