www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Old November 18th, 2017, 08:26   #16
Yblocker
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1997 Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Rattler View Post
[*]Wait at least 10 minutes for any oil droplets that are in the dipstick tube to drain back down into the crank case.[/LIST]
I need to thank Ol'Rattler here. This turned out to be the solution to an oil level "mystery" I've had for 10 years on our '06 Outback. Could never get a consistent reading not or cold. I tried pulling the stick and waiting a few minutes before checking it and bang- I got a good clear indication of the oil level. It's obvious to me now why. The oil gets pulled up into the tube when the stick is withdrawn, which then coats the stick going back in. Duh! I do have to say none of my other cars behave this way, but that was the solution for the generation of Subaru 2.5 liter I own. Thanks Rattler!
Old November 18th, 2017, 14:48   #17
Ol'Rattler
Veteran Member

Your welcome. The Devil is in the details, isn't it?

I wonder if the OP ever resolved his problem. He probably found some other aspect in his life that doesn't function like his superior intelligence demands that it does.
Draw-Tite hitch
Dash Tray
Blue tint aspherical mirrors
Euro Cupholder
Euro Light Switch
2nd grocery hook
VCDS Hacks: DRL Disabled-Seatbelt Chime Disabled-Key fob Power Windows
Adjusted Cam to Crank Timing
Ol'Rattler is online now   Reply With Quote