Passat 2012 or 2013????

hmt

TDI
None
Hi all, new member here even though I have not owned any VW before in my life.

I am in market for a fuel efficiency car. I never driven diesel cars before, but recently the MPG of VW has catched my eyes. Originally looking at the Jetta. When I went and test drove it and then the Passat for the heck of it and fell in love with the Passat. I've done tons and tons of reading including TDI, breaking in, etc. and believe to the point my head about to explode.....

I know I'm getting a Passat TDI DSG, but what's holding me back is the fact this is the first year ever the Passat are made in US, and also a complete new design. I've read and heard only good things about it; however it's only 1 year old. I usually don't buy any car that is its first year new design. I heard 2013 is coming out in a couple of months. Does anyone have any info about 2013 Passat. Is it smart to wait for 2013? Not sure if the 2013 model pricing are the same as for the 2012.

Is there any problem I should know about the 2012 Passat? Should I still be worried about the HPFP on the 2012?

Thanks all in advance.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I have 32K on mine and the only problem has been a rear window track that was replaced under warranty.

Check out the new Passat forum on this site there is a thread about what is new in 2013.

I would not worry about the HPFP. A bunch of people seem to be freaking out about it because of problems the very early Jetta's had. To this point I have not seen any reports of a Passat having problems. Besides the HPFP has been redesigned several times since the early failures so the Passat has the improved design.

If you find what you want in a 2012 I would not hesitate to get it. If you don't find anything and have to order you will get a 2013 as orders have been closed on the 2012's.

Good Luck!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
The hardest part of your decision would be trying to find a 2012 set up the way you want it. Although it is probably easier to find one with the dsg. Good luck