BRM Turbo Needed

Dugsbug

TDI
06 jetta
Hello folks - my '06 Jetta's turbo died a short while ago. I had replaced the actuator for considerable cost - but should have replaced the turbo right along with it. Oh well, too late now.

I am in need of a good turbo. Anyone have one for sale? Stock size is fine - the car has 270K, so it does not owe me much- but we like the car and figure we can get a few more miles out of it yet.

Can somebody help us out?

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
If you have some time, Ryan sells quality used as well as refurb:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=373687

Darkside does as well. You can go the local boneyard / ebay route, but with a new one around $850, it might be safer to get a new one or tested - reman from Ryan or Darkside. If you are mechanically inclined and have the time, you can locate a used one from yard and cross your fingers. Personally, the delta between a reman and a new one is not worth the labor and risk for me.

Watch the Chinesium or ones with new CHRAs. I would go OEM New personally. (Unless you have the time, labor and luck;-) )

Last edited:

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
You can buy a pd140 for $900 from fixmyvw

This is a direct replacement but you can run a lot more boost.

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Hello folks - my '06 Jetta's turbo died a short while ago. I had replaced the actuator for considerable cost - but should have replaced the turbo right along with it. Oh well, too late now.
I am in need of a good turbo. Anyone have one for sale? Stock size is fine - the car has 270K, so it does not owe me much- but we like the car and figure we can get a few more miles out of it yet.
Can somebody help us out?
Have one with 150k miles on it. 300 shipped.